LMMS Crashing erratically

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
LMMS crashed twice within the last few minutes. The first time I don't have any information about (I didn't record the details because I thought it was a one-time problem), but the second time was while editing the piano roll for an instrument. According to Visual Studio Debugging, there was an "Unhandled exception at 0x000000006E2F0D50 (QtCore4.dll) in lmms.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0x000000006E2F0D50"

Is this a known bug, and if so, how do I fix it? I'll add more information if LMMS crashes again later.
I have a lot of tips (I am busy right now so I will get back with you later).
MadisonSilver wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:16 pm
LMMS crashed twice within the last few minutes.
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* a screenshots of error-state

Besides that, since you are new here, Welcome to the forum MadisonSilver! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Right, that would help.

-LMMS: 1.1.3
-RAM: 16 GB, about 8 are currently in using (including LMMS)
-Latency: 117.3ms
I'm not sure what you mean by Sound Device, and I didn't capture a screenshot in time.
MadisonSilver wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 am
I'm not sure what you mean by Sound Device, and I didn't capture a screenshot in time.
Sound-Device is the devise chosen in setup
For windows we always recommend SDL
-where it says Device

Your pc is excellent, it has nothing to do with the that.
Have you added a VST to the project? Some of those, especially effects, can be troublesome.
I would like you to try one of the demo-projects, and then do some of the things, that you have made lmms crash with
open This project: "//projects\cool_songs/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz"
Stress it and let us know if you also have issues with that.
I was on PortAudio. I switched to SDL, and have noticed no changes so far. I didn't add any VSTs, and Skiessi-Onion works fine. I tried some of the things I was doing around the time the program crashed (mainly editing the piano roll and applying effects), but it still worked fine. LMMS hasn't crashed or shown any other signs of problems today.
MadisonSilver wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 pm
LMMS hasn't crashed or shown any other signs of problems today.
Good! Maby it was something 'else' that gave issues. I always recommend to shut the pc down -NOT sleep it!
Sleep is evil!
Cost energy, so bad already, but worse: All 'c...' is accumulating, and eventually bad stuff happens, so always shut down, if you use to sleep

But maybe that the shift to SDL was what fixed it..
dont hesitate to come back, if the problem re-appear, but i hope not :p
Well, it re-appeared.

The error message (according to VStudio) is "Unhandled exception at 0x000000000048B2FE in lmms.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000. occurred"

It happened when I tried to click the "play" button on the piano roll.

Image: (The post isn't letting me add the image directly for some reason)
https://i.cubeupload.com/AR6Jld.png
MadisonSilver wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:46 am
Well, it re-appeared.
shoot.. :/

It happened when I tried to click the "play" button on the piano roll.
Was that with the same crash-project as earlier?
If so i need to see the project
upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it

To Save as MMP:
* Open project
* File | save-as
* chose a name... 'xyzzxy.mmp'
press save
You can upload on any file-host like google drive
I will ofcause respect your rights
post isn't letting me add the image directly for some reason)
In this post i tell how to post images
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740