Audio Help

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey, does anyone know how to make a instrument play DISTINCTLY in both ears?
What I usually do is pan the instrument into either the left or right channel, simply by using the Pan knob next to the volume.

Hope that helps! Cheers! :D
GingkathFox wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 pm
Are you asking how to make mono?
Exactly same output in both ears?
musikbear wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm
GingkathFox wrote:
:? distinctly >< same :?

GingkathFox, you can clone your synth. The first panned hard left, the second hard right. And slightly modifies the clone(e.g.a few dB less, a little delay, another cutoff value, and so on).

With a single synth,you can do it with effects. Many effects allow you to set different values for the left and right channels.
For example, with the Multiband EQ, you have to uncheck the box "Link channels" (I don't know if this is the expression used in your language), and then you can put something like 220Hz = + 6dB left and -3dB right.

You have other effects that, by definition, do the job (reverb, chorus, etc.).

If it can help.
D.Ipsum wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:05 am
musikbear wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 pm
GingkathFox wrote:
:? distinctly >< same :?

GingkathFox, you can clone your synth. The first panned hard left, the second hard right. And slightly modifies the clone(e.g.a few dB less, a little delay, another cutoff value, and so on).

With a single synth,you can do it with effects. Many effects allow you to set different values for the left and right channels.
For example, with the Multiband EQ, you have to uncheck the box "Link channels" (I don't know if this is the expression used in your language), and then you can put something like 220Hz = + 6dB left and -3dB right.

You have other effects that, by definition, do the job (reverb, chorus, etc.).

If it can help.
Ok thanx! I'll try that!