[ NEED FEEDBACK ] It's Been a While - ( Prod. DatBoiDJ )

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Let me know what you guys think about this.
I really enjoy this one, give some good honest feedback.
Thanks guys

https://soundcloud.com/jbarn97/its-been ... d-datboidj
ok man!
May be turn your Chorus up a tad?
and the track feels empty...
Turn down the 808 a little, It's wayyyy too loud!
It changes from what you have accustomed us to. Nice track, nice collab.

There's something wrong with the sound of the guitar, but I can not identify it.
This may be related to the recording conditions?
Is there natural reverb?
Have you added reverb to this natural reverb?
The resonance of the guitar seems to me to be exaggerated (I notice it especially when the guiarist taps on it).

The parameters of the EQ seems to change from one part to another, I like the idea, there seem to be two EQ profiles.
It may be this EQ that does not work (the one that favors the bottom of the spectrum).
The sound of the firsts kicks sound too muffled (with the guitar that sounds as loud in the low)

Well, it's just my impressions, I don't know.

I don't know if the "problem" comes from recording and/or mixing.
In any case, I would say to redo the mix by preserving the ideas you put in (the most important are the vocals!)
The rappers vocals, should be a tiny bit louder.
Also, the RnB vocals, slightly overpower the rap vocals too.

Tip: Try to find a volume range, that sorta equally weighs out, both vocals evenly.
I'd say that the rappers vocals, should be a teeny, tiny bit louder, than the RnB voice. :)
GingkathFox wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:23 pm
ok man!
May be turn your Chorus up a tad?
and the track feels empty...
Turn down the 808 a little, It's wayyyy too loud!
Yeah so I tweaked a couple things but didn't reupload it.
And it's not my beat so I can't really turn the 808 down ha.
Thanks for the feedback
D.Ipsum wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:15 am
It changes from what you have accustomed us to. Nice track, nice collab.

There's something wrong with the sound of the guitar, but I can not identify it.
This may be related to the recording conditions?
Is there natural reverb?
Have you added reverb to this natural reverb?
The resonance of the guitar seems to me to be exaggerated (I notice it especially when the guiarist taps on it).

The parameters of the EQ seems to change from one part to another, I like the idea, there seem to be two EQ profiles.
It may be this EQ that does not work (the one that favors the bottom of the spectrum).
The sound of the firsts kicks sound too muffled (with the guitar that sounds as loud in the low)

Well, it's just my impressions, I don't know.

I don't know if the "problem" comes from recording and/or mixing.
In any case, I would say to redo the mix by preserving the ideas you put in (the most important are the vocals!)
Unfortunately I can't really tweak the beat since its not mine, but I think it sounds unique and different which is what I do like.
I believe the producer used two different types of kicks and the beat switches in between so vocals could layer on top, I do think that I need to raise the volume on the vocals for sure. Thanks for the feedback as always.
Jbarn wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm
Unfortunately I can't really tweak the beat since its not mine, but I think it sounds unique and different which is what I do like.
I believe the producer used two different types of kicks and the beat switches in between so vocals could layer on top, I do think that I need to raise the volume on the vocals for sure. Thanks for the feedback as always.
In any case, I find it cool to explore other horizons.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:48 am
The rappers vocals, should be a tiny bit louder.
Also, the RnB vocals, slightly overpower the rap vocals too.

Tip: Try to find a volume range, that sorta equally weighs out, both vocals evenly.
I'd say that the rappers vocals, should be a teeny, tiny bit louder, than the RnB voice. :)
Agreed, probably wont reupload unless I put it on youtube but I did change the vocals to sound better with the beat.
Thanks for the feedback as always
D.Ipsum wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:28 am
Jbarn wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm
In any case, I find it cool to explore other horizons.
Definitely agree, every beat that i've posted is much different.
However I'm working on getting into vocals, so I hope the few of you that have been stickin with me, do end up stickin with me wherever I go. Appreciate the support. Thanks
Jbarn wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 am
Definitely agree, every beat that i've posted is much different.
However I'm working on getting into vocals, so I hope the few of you that have been stickin with me, do end up stickin with me wherever I go. Appreciate the support. Thanks
Have you ever worked in crew? It could make things easier to divide roles, I don't know.