HELP! Can I ever play my songs again?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
if you send over the project on the sharing platform or something i'll attempt to fix it
.....Okay, I want to go run, laugh, scream, jump up and down and just cry right now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IT WORKED! I AM SO HAPPY I COULD EXPLODE!

THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wasn't going into User like you said. :) But I did, and it worked! :D I renamed the files back to their original names and they are back, and I can play them! :D (And yes I still have the extensions that were left with the correct name all along) I just want to thank all of you for having patients with me and not giving up on me and my lousy computer skills! Lol, I can't thank you enough for helping me! I would have truly been lost without you all!

It is weird though....I downloaded LMMS to my sisters computer shortly after I did mine and I must have done something differently because on hers it went to her LMMS folder (in windows in projects) and not to her Lmms file in Users. Just mine did. :? Huh...

Okay, so one more question! How do I rename these songs safely without doing that again! Lol.
LMMS4Life wrote:Okay, so one more question! How do I rename these songs safely without doing that again! Lol.
Probably the safest way is when you have the project open in LMMS from the top menu select File/Save As (not Save it MUST be SAVE AS). It will come up with the current file name in the box. Type your new name in and save (LMMS will add the .mmpz for you). Doing it that way the project is renamed but you will also still have the version with original name if you ever get into trouble.

Steve
good advises from slip, but lmms also offers a neat feature often called version-control
In the file-menu you find the option as Save as new version
This allow you to have several versions of a project, with the same name, just a version number is changed
Read this:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Ma ... oject_Menu

Im happy that you got your files back:) Now looking forward to hear your work on our soundcloud group-page
https://soundcloud.com/groups/lmms
Congrats :)
slipstick wrote:
LMMS4Life wrote:Okay, so one more question! How do I rename these songs safely without doing that again! Lol.
Probably the safest way is when you have the project open in LMMS from the top menu select File/Save As (not Save it MUST be SAVE AS). It will come up with the current file name in the box. Type your new name in and save (LMMS will add the .mmpz for you). Doing it that way the project is renamed but you will also still have the version with original name if you ever get into trouble.

Steve
....Gah! :/ I just did this but was planning on deleting the old one then because I really don't want two of the same song...? :P How do I delete this now...is it safe to delete one of them anyway?
Oh, and thanks for the links musikbear!! :)
LMMS4Life wrote:....Gah! :/ I just did this but was planning on deleting the old one then because I really don't want two of the same song...? :P How do I delete this now...is it safe to delete one of them anyway?
After all the messing about we've had trying to get you going again the last time you started playing with files you didn't understand I would think you might have worked out that having only one copy of anything is less safe than keeping two. Since they have different names it shouldn't really be too confusing for you.

If you want to go deleting stuff you're on your own. Have fun ;).

Steve
Most important when deleting files is the time-stamp!
It is most often older files that we like to delete, and for that reason you sort the files in creation-order, and then find the old versions of the file, and delete them.
You should however not jump right out in these operations, before you have thought yourself how your OS works, and how you as the owner and user, can manage your OS, without unwanted accidents. Learn your OS, and enjoy computing much more :)
Morning. I have about 9 rough ideas for tracks that wont open.

So can I send them to you in a zip file or something? To see if you can get them working again???

It's not all the tracks but I feel about half the time a track fails to open after I save it. I've had lmms for a few years now and just mess with it every once in awhile. I know some add ons end up working one day then dont another day. So I get instrument loading issues for most of these problems, but even then it sometimes opens? But i've got about 9 or so that just don't finish loading and just won't open... I think a couple might be due to trying to rename them but learned not to do that after a short time so im sure thats not the main problem.