Can't open project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
ofcause i diddent I examined the mmpz and converted it to mmp
The mmp has no size and no content == 'no-data' == '0'

BUT
Ackerr, do you have a file on your computer named tryhardsong.mmpz.bak
That file would be the project before the last succesfull save. Eg it should contain part of the project, so if a .bak file exists, then all is not lost.
I would still like to know, what made the mmpz to 'no-data'
musikbear wrote:ofcause i diddent I examined the mmpz and converted it to mmp
The mmp has no size and no content == 'no-data' == '0'

BUT
Ackerr, do you have a file on your computer named tryhardsong.mmpz.bak
That file would be the project before the last succesfull save. Eg it should contain part of the project, so if a .bak file exists, then all is not lost.
I would still like to know, what made the mmpz to 'no-data'
The only .bak file I have is from another project, which still works
I need help guys, I have the same problem, it's happened to me more than once, i have the .bak file but don't know what to do next.
El Bandito wrote:I need help guys, I have the same problem, it's happened to me more than once, i have the .bak file but don't know what to do next.
To use a back file, rename the file, and during the process remove the .bak from the name. This makes it a normal .mmp or .mmpz file.

So if I had a bak file called "CoolSong.mmp.bak", I would rename it to "CoolSong.mmp".

LMMS creates a new bak file whenever you save.
Stakeout Punch wrote:
El Bandito wrote:I need help guys, I have the same problem, it's happened to me more than once, i have the .bak file but don't know what to do next.
To use a back file, rename the file, and during the process remove the .bak from the name. This makes it a normal .mmp or .mmpz file.

So if I had a bak file called "CoolSong.mmp.bak", I would rename it to "CoolSong.mmp".

LMMS creates a new bak file whenever you save.
Yes! it worked, thanks for the help.
My issue is that I saved the file and a VST will not let it load up again. Whenever I try to delete that VST it says I can't because it is being used by something else. Any way to fix that?
MickeyMoose555 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:47 pm
My issue is that I saved the file and a VST will not let it load up again. Whenever I try to delete that VST it says I can't because it is being used by something else.
Ok. first shut down lmms
then shut down, not sleep your pc.
We do that to get rid of orphans, in memory!
wait 2 mins
Restart the pc
then follow this
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... d_problems
Next time you like a vst, remember to do the 5-point-test
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... t_VST_test
before you use it in a real project

IF this diddent fixed it
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* a screenshots of error-state
* names and best download links of the failing vst's
I found a different method.
I didn't think I would end up needing it anyways if it would continue this process, so I tried to delete it. It said it was open in another window. I had no idea where it was open so I checked a YouTube to see if there was a way to bypass that. Turns out, there is. I followed the steps and it worked, and my firewall didn't see any bad notifications considering a virus. It is called IObit Unlocker, and it is a very simple process.

Follow all of the installation steps, and once it is finished, you don't have to open the program. All you need to do is right-click on the folder which you would like to uninstall, and a new bar will appear that says IObit Unlocker.

Click that, and it will open the program and it will have a button which says Unlock. There is also a dropdown button with other choices. Click that and it will unlock the file and separate it from the open program. You can then delete it.

For the .dll file, I tried to unlock and then leave the page and delete it, but that didn't work. Instead, I pressed the dropdown button and it gave a choice to unlock and delete at the same time. I pressed that and it worked.

I hope this helped anyone else in my situation, and thank you musikbear for responding.

Sincerely,
MickeyMoose555 :)