Sustain pedal bug

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So, I have downloaded the new LMMS (1.2.0-rc4) where there is a sustain pedal feature to help with using a midi keyboard for note input. The sustain kind of works, but for some reason when I hit the sustain pedal (maybe one out of every 4 times), instead of being a sustain, LMMS registers it as me playing the note E4. After this happens, the sustain is somehow stuck on, and any note I hit (including the original E4 that the sustain pedal caused) will be sustained. Any suggestions for how to fix this bug?
alexhrtwll6 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm
LMMS registers it as me playing the note E4.
Do you use the pedal with other recording equipment?

alexhrtwll6 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm
After this happens, the sustain is somehow stuck on, and any note I hit (including the original E4 that the sustain pedal caused) will be sustained. Any suggestions for how to fix this bug?
I will try and look into it but at a first test I can't replicate this.

What keyboard are you using?
Which audio interface are you using? ( edit->settings->audio settings ). The default on lmms-1.2 is SDL.
What machine/OS(version) are you on?
Pretty odd this one but apparently it is experienced by others on other systems so it doesn't seem to be related to lmms in any way. I actually did some programming around the midi input filter so this doesn't really sound possible from our side. Not that a bug would really care about what my concept of possible is.

I would guess a setting in your keyboard or an electrical issue. Batteries about to die?
A standard method with electrical equipment that act up is to reset them. This can be done either by, whatever method the manual prescribes, or by doing a cold reboot. Simply remove any batteries and all connected cables and go for lunch. This is the standard suggestion when you call a help desk about the printer and it works more generally on modern electronics. It has a surprisingly high success rate.

Here are other persons asking about sustain pedals:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/27 ... 0&tstart=0
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... maha_NP_30