3rd track uploaded + a BONUS early look-in!!!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Okay, I've uploaded a 3rd one and it's a FRENETIC, FRANTIC slice of madness! Another WIP obviously and a chaotic one too but, meh...I still like it enough to share (I anticipate mixed reactions but that's cool). Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... -rough-mix

Any and all comments and opinions welcomed.

~#mFQ#~

P.S. Oh yeah, of course, the alluded-to bonus. It's just a slice, not the full cake just yet but it's more than enough to get the body moving. Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/matthiasblackhea ... le-snippet

Still finishing it off as we speak/type but I like it so much I had to post it early (colour me over-excited). Once again, enjoy.
ooooo, i love the concept behind the Hungry Alienz track! I really like the melody that comes at 0:32. Did you made that on an arabic scale? To me, it kind of sounds like it and is a good touch to the vibe of the song IMO.

I know that you said its not done and is unpolished but be sure to master the buildups since those really heavy elements in it cause a considerable amount of clipping.

Also that saw melody (I think, correct me if i'm wrong) that comes up at 4:12, is a nice little touch too!

I'm really looking forward to the final product of this piece! Thx for sharing :D
It's a nice tune wip.
The good thing is, you already know that it needs some fixing up.
So for now, I have no advice to give yet. :)
Hungry Alienz track, crazy WIP, it sends something to let off steam. It works well with the bonus.
Smoking Shadows wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 pm
ooooo, i love the concept behind the Hungry Alienz track! I really like the melody that comes at 0:32. Did you made that on an arabic scale? To me, it kind of sounds like it and is a good touch to the vibe of the song IMO.

I know that you said its not done and is unpolished but be sure to master the buildups since those really heavy elements in it cause a considerable amount of clipping.

Also that saw melody (I think, correct me if i'm wrong) that comes up at 4:12, is a nice little touch too!

I'm really looking forward to the final product of this piece! Thx for sharing :D
Yeah, you're absolutely right about the clipping on the heavy parts. I was sort of aware of those and the more I hear the track back, the worse it sounds. Don't know how it didn't hear it before. Definitely the first thing I need to fix when I go back to work on this track.

You know, it's funny. I have a bit of background with keyboards and spent the better part of my 20's obsessed with guitars. It spurred me on to learning music theory and what-have-you. I've composed a few guitar-based tracks with various scales (or at least tried to) and yet when I'm producing my electronic stuff, most of it goes out of the window. In short, I'm saying that no particular scales came to mind for this track. I simply just put down whatever melody is in my head (as I do most of the time, to be honest). Your mention of the arabic scale has made me miss studying scales now :P

I actually used a simple synth pad at 4:12, just to make it sound a bit "airy-fairy". I did use a saw in the "ending" before the ending though, just before the track "calms down" (well, square pad actually).

Thank you for the feedback, well appreciated. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:04 am
It's a nice tune wip.
The good thing is, you already know that it needs some fixing up.
So for now, I have no advice to give yet. :)
Thank you for the feedback and, of course, I accept any constructive criticism or anything else that'll help me improve at any time. It can only help me learn and improve faster. :D
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:17 am
Hungry Alienz track, crazy WIP, it sends something to let off steam. It works well with the bonus.
Haha! Thanks man! It only gets crazier from here!!! :D