Automation and stuck note troubles I am having with LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

First, thanks for the add to this site. I am new to LMMS but am a long time Linux user/admin, and am running LMMS v 1.1.3 64 bit on a linux mint 18.2 machine.

The first issue I have is with automating tempo. I want to change it from 120 bpm to 96 bpm over a number of bars, using the linear tool in the automation editor. However, try as I may, I cannot get it to set to 96 bpm. I can get 95 or 97, but not 96. Is there a way of typing in the value rather than dragging the pointer thing in the editor? Now, the starting value is easy to set, as I can ctrl drag it in, but not the ending value?

The second issue I have is of 'stuck notes'. So, what happens is I will turn on an instrument and there will be a note playing. Try as I may, I cannot make the note go away, except restart lmms. This only seems to happen with zynaddsubfx instruments, and appeared it seems only after I added in an maudio mini32 midi keyboard. And then I cannot get rid of the zynaddsubfx first gui screen unless if I kill it from the command line.

The whole thing feels a bit flaky. Is there a better lmms build I could use, and which would give me access to VST instruments?

Thanks
Advocatus Diaboli
Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the forum Advocatus ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

1.1.3 64 bit on a linux mint 18.2 machine.
I want to change it from 120 bpm to 96 bpm over a number of bars,
Use a non-discreete curve, in high resolution, not the linear setting!
a way of typing in the value rather than dragging the pointer thing
But it is by dragging you can get perfect values:
* Set the desired value in the control-component
* Drag that value into an automation track
I will turn on an instrument and there will be a note playing.
:
only seems to happen with zynaddsubfx
:
only after I added in an maudio mini32 midi keyboard
It is the midi instrument. I especially do not like that it is when you open a zasfx, because hang-notes will occur only if deep-seetings in zasfx is manipulated
during
replay! Here pressing the exact hanging note one more, will release, but if it is on load, then you will not know what note it is you need to press.
What happens if you press the Panic-button on zasfx-GUI?
cannot get rid of the zynaddsubfx first gui screen unless if I kill it from the command line.
I understaqnd this as : Only when a note is hanging, the zasfz-UI is locked
Correct?
which would give me access to VST instruments?
You need WINE for VST support:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _.26_Linux
Advocatus Diaboli wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the forum Advocatus ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I want to change it from 120 bpm to 96 bpm over a number of bars,
Use a non-discreete curve, in high resolution, not the linear setting!
a way of typing in the value rather than dragging the pointer thing
But it is by dragging you can get perfect values:
* Set the desired value in the control-component
* Drag that value into an automation track
I will turn on an instrument and there will be a note playing.
:
only seems to happen with zynaddsubfx
:
only after I added in an maudio mini32 midi keyboard
It is the midi instrument. I especially do not like that it is when you open a zasfx, because hang-notes will occur only if deep-seetings in zasfx is manipulated during replay! Here pressing the exact hanging note once more, will release it, but if it is on load, then you will not know what note it is you need to press.
What happens if you press the Panic-button on zasfx-GUI?
cannot get rid of the zynaddsubfx first gui screen unless if I kill it from the command line.
I understaqnd this as : Only when a note is hanging, the zasfz-UI is locked
Correct?
which would give me access to VST instruments?
You need WINE for VST support:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _.26_Linux
Thanks musikbear, that is quite a lot to take in. I will get back to you after I have investigated a bit.