overdrive plugin

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
is there a plugin for that?
the fast over drive seems to be different from what i'm looking for...
If you get the latest version of LMMS (0.9.90 and upwards), there's the native Waveshaper (not the LADSPA waveshapers, those are something different) which you can use to create any kind of distortion effect you want.
thanks.

but i think there's something wrong with the waveshaper plugin...
when the amount is negative, it emits a buzzing noise which doesn't stop even if i stop the original sound.
What do you mean negative? What amount?
Where is this wave shaper plugin in the current version please?
Where all the other effect plugins are. Click "add effect" on the FX chain and you get a list of all effects. It's named "Waveshaper". Don't select the "LADSPA: Waveshaper", get the one that is just "Waveshaper".
diiz wrote:Where all the other effect plugins are. Click "add effect" on the FX chain and you get a list of all effects. It's named "Waveshaper". Don't select the "LADSPA: Waveshaper", get the one that is just "Waveshaper".
Thanks Diiz. It does seem easy to use too. I like the way it manipulates the sound so easily.
roy38 wrote:
diiz wrote:Where all the other effect plugins are. Click "add effect" on the FX chain and you get a list of all effects. It's named "Waveshaper". Don't select the "LADSPA: Waveshaper", get the one that is just "Waveshaper".
Thanks Diiz. It does seem easy to use too. I like the way it manipulates the sound so easily.
Thanks.

Note that you can draw straight lines if you hold shift. Also try the dynamics processor, it's a very versatile effect...
diiz wrote:
roy38 wrote:
Thanks.

Note that you can draw straight lines if you hold shift. Also try the dynamics processor, it's a very versatile effect...
Will there be an update on the wiki for this new release of LMMS. I can see the questions coming about some of these new plugin play items :)
Some people are working on updating the wiki.