DSK VST problems

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
It's only been recently since I've obtained LMMS, and as such I've been trying to go in and find better sounds to use then the default ones. I've been recommended both by professional friends and by the LMMS Wiki that DSK VSTs tend to sound rather well and a good number work well in LMMS. However, I have attempted to get DSK Brass, and right now DSK Electrick Guitar, and thus far attempts to open them in LMMS have only lead to this...

http://imageshack.com/a/img856/2136/5v92.png

Frankly, I've been rather frustrated about it. I've extracted them from the folders they downloaded into and put them in either the samples or VSTPlugins folders in the lmms folder. Is there something I've been doing incredibly wrong, a step or more I may have skipped? I would really like to get my hands on these VSTs!
Also, if some system specs are important to note, I'm using a Toshiba laptop (64-bit processor) with Windows 8. If any more info would be useful, just tell me. I apologize if this may be a redundant thread/question!
There are problems with VST's in 64-bit builds of LMMS, I think. You may want to try the 32-bit version.
Reinstalled LMMS as 32-bit, but this still produces the same result. I know that my rgc:audio sfz functions properly, and can be used with the sfz samples in my Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra pack, as well as LMMS playing all the .wav sample counterparts normally.

DSK ElectriK GuitarZ only has two files in the extracted folder: a ReadMe, and DSK ElectriK GuitarZ.dll. This latter file ONLY shows up in LMMS when browsing the files, and cannot be selected with rgc:audio sfz or opened in LMMS without signifying the error from yesterday.

Is there anything wrong with this? Did I do something wrong in extracting the file? Do I not have a proper means of uploading the VSTs onto LMMS? I really do need those VSTs!
Also, if some system specs are important to note, I'm using a Toshiba laptop (64-bit processor) with Windows 8.
If any more info would be useful, just tell me. I apologize if this may be a redundant thread/question!
I wonder how much RAM memory your Toshiba Laptop has?

WIn 8? I don't know much about how well Lmms and Win 8 works together.
Technically it should work just as good, but then again, I don't know.

I use Win 7 64 bit. :lol:

Did you use "Vestige," plugin to open them?
Vestige is like a Vst plugin container used to open Vst's and Vsti's.

Also if you're looking for a List similar to the LMMS Wiki, that deals with Vst's that work well in LMMS, you can check:
DSK VSTs That work in Lmms 0.4.13 Enjoy! By Brandy Starbrite in the Generals Section of the forum. :D

The list is for LMMS 0.4.13 Win 64 bit.

I hope that helps and I hope that you get through with your Vst problem. :D
diiz wrote:There are problems with VST's in 64-bit builds of LMMS, I think. You may want to try the 32-bit version.
I have had midi keyboard pitch mapping problems with VSTs in both 64 & 32 bit versions of LMMS running 64bit windows. However I haven't had any other types of problems with any VSTs in LMMS 0.4.15 so far (previous versions 32bit and 64bit were less stable with random crashes). That list of working VSTs includes a lot of DSK VSTs.

The latest LMMS 0.9.90 currently still suffers the same weird pitch - key mapping issue (I guess it's regarded as beta software so maybe unfair to judge) .
Also upon reloading the software remapped the normal middle of the keyboard keys setting to the low end of the keys. I had go up several octaves to find the normal position, very odd but not a serious issue like the identical pitch problem with every VST.
Given that the pitch issue is identical with every VST I expect there is a simple bug or error in the software that has yet to be found.
I don't appear to have Vestige on LMMS, and I've been trying to find where I can download it; apparently you did need it in order to open up VST's in LMMS? Not sure.

Does anyone know where I can find Vestige?
Vestige should be installed with LMMS, you can't install it separately.

Also: The screenshot you posted earlier shows Vestige in the beat/bassline-editor. Has it disappeared somehow? Are you sure Vestige isn't present when you click the instrument tab?

Open the instrument tab (the top one in the sidebar), Vestige should be in that list along with other instruments (triple osc etc.). If it's there: Drag Vestige to the song editor, click on it to open the interface, and on the Vestige interface click the folder icon to open a VSTi plugin. That way VST's should work. Not all of them will, though. Some VST's just don't work well in LMMS.
Aaaaand sorta' bumping this topic, on account of finally having repaired my computer and looked at this again. .WAV files are alright, but just won't cut it sometimes - same goes for built-in plugins.

I downloaded the VST again (which is DSK Electrik GuitarZ, a confirmed VST for LMMS) and used the Vestige plugin to access the .dll file inside.

Not only did LMMS once again show an error in regards to the VST yet again, but the thing (.dll file) bloody up and disappeared - as if LMMS or Vestige ate the thing afterwards. And frankly, I don't think this was the first time.
Once again, running 32-bit LMMS on Windows 8 - is there a certain spot that my VSTs need to be downloaded? As in, do they need to be placed in certain places on the computer? And if that is too fantastic to be effective, does it involve compatibility issues? Because I tested it (Windows XP etc etc stuff we've seen on here before) and it still didn't work right. Of course, I'm not sure what exactly accounts for the devouring of .dll files in the first place, soooooo...
starvinggecko wrote: but the thing (.dll file) bloody up and disappeared - as if LMMS or Vestige ate the thing afterwards.
:
Of course, I'm not sure what exactly accounts for the devouring of .dll files in the first place /..
...erhh -whut-?! -that is not possible i dare to say, unless you have something that deliberately block vst (malignent software)
But - what other posibillities do you have for playing vsts?
Have you the vst -host?
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm
I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS DL FOR VIRA DO IT YOURSELF!!!
can you run vst then?
Sounds like a windows 8 "feature" possibly...