crashes on importing a midi file

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have been using LMMS on Fedora 8 for years, now upgraded to Mint 16 and LMMS was going well. Now as soon as I go to import a midi file, when I choose a file , as soon as I click on "open", the whole program closes. It does not do it with evey midi file, just about with 98% of them. It was working well - I can only think it must have happened after some automatic updates. Nothing else has changed. It is very frustrating. :?:
There are no automatic updates. LMMS will never update itself without your permission.
Only one time I have had difficulties with 0.4.15 in MIDI import; I tried to import a file which had something like 50 tracks and much "extra" (i.e. uncommon type) data.

Otherwise it works (this is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

However, it might be that it would be beneficial to use some PPA for LMMS, it might be that the repository you use might not be a good choice for your hardware etc. Mint can use Ubuntu PPAs, I guess?

I had really a lot of difficulties when I compiled LMMS, many of which didn't show themselves in compile time... I'd not be surprised, if repository mainatainers do not have enough time to test.