Multiple Lmms installations

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi folks,

Is it possible to have multiple versions of Lmms installed on the same box not sharing the same configuration file?
I use Lmms 0.4.15 regularly but want to test the dev version(s) but if I change the configuration on one it impacts both.
So is there a way to use different configuration files at startup (mostly for the theme)?

lmms --help does not seem to offer this option.

Thanks

Box: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Trinity Deskto P4 2.8 GHz 2Gb of RAM
You could write a bash script (well, two scripts) to automate it. Make two copies of the config file, one for each version, then write a script for each version, so that every time you start either version of LMMS the correct config file is copied to your home directory, then after LMMS quits the home directory file is copied back over the copy (to keep it up to date with any settings changes you make in LMMS).

Or you could just use the dev version. Honestly, there's very little left to do before 1.0.0, and practically speaking, the current git head is already more stable and more functional than 0.4.15. Personally I don't see any reason to keep using 0.4.15 at this point...
Hi diiz,

After a good thinking about it, I removed 0.4.15 and kept only the dev version.
Anyways this will avoid possible conflicts (themes for example).

And I thank you for your fast replies 8-)
Hello
I'm new to lmms. I was also thinking of keeping a 0.4.15 version of lmms just for those songs that were developed under the 0.4.x. Will the same suite of default plugins/effects be available in lmms 1.0 such that one wouldn't notice an appreciable difference in sound for songs develop under 0.4.x and then play in 1.0?

Thank you,
R.
Songs made with 0.4.15 should play back perfectly under 1.0.0.
Hi diiz,

Great to hear. I am noticing differences between kxstudio Ubuntu 14.04 version of lmms 1.0.0 and the older 0.4.15. For example, the Organic preset "puresine" has no output. Some other triple oscillator presets are slightly different as well. I wonder if these are vestiges of the buggy lmms in the Ubuntu official repo? Would compiling lmms 1.0.0 from the git repository restore these presets to their previous behaviour under 0.4.x?

Thanks,
R
AFAIK the organic issue also existed in 0.4.15.