Windows 10 update mess up Synth1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I just did a windows 10 update, and now my synth1 only shows for a small part. All the edges are cut off along with some nobs. Has anybody else had the same problem ?
DudeFawkes wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 am
Has anybody else had the same problem ?
Yes, several im afraid
Are you still on 1.1.3?
backup your own stuff, then uninstall lmms completely, including the config dot-file:
Read:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
DL and install 1.2.0 RC5 with the orange buttons on dl-site:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe

I am not sure it will fix it, so please report back the result!
Yeah. Do as musikbear and zonkmachine will tell you.
Download that version instead.
musikbear wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm
DudeFawkes wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 am
Has anybody else had the same problem ?
I am not sure it will fix it, so please report back the result!
I will report when i've installed it. I'm currently working on the last view things on a track, so i will do it when i'm done with that :) Thanks for the help !
I've been having this problem with some VST effects plugins... would a clean install of the newer version fix this as well?

I'm terrified that reinstalling everything is going to make some of my tracks not work right, as I haven't updated LMMS in a really long time. I'm definitely going to back up my project files and samples and VST effects... is there anything else I should copy over?
Foggy wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 pm
back up my project files and samples and VST effects... is there anything else I should copy over?
Yes, all presets you have made and saved.
What i would do, in case of updating a very old version, was to make a time-slot search, inside the lmms installation.
Search for files newer than the installation date, and back up everything, then you are sure that you have everything you made
That said, i must have updated lmms 100+ times by now, and i have never lost a single file -ever!
..But, during the RC's for 1.2, it was decided to rename a couple of effects. So those may be missing from projects, thats very easy to fix, from a backed up version of the LADSPA lib.
Well, it sort of worked. I don't think I lost any files, and so far my presets seem to have been preserved. So that's good. Unfortunately, now the VST effect I'm trying to use doesn't load at all. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it clean a couple different times, but it's not working. It shows up in the LADSPA plugin browser, but when I add it to the effects rack there is no "controls" button and I can't do anything with it.

For reference, I'm following the instructions found in the wiki here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Ts_effects

The VST effect I'm trying to use is the ReaEQ plugin listed last in the "Equalizers" section.
Foggy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:25 am
Well, it sort of worked. I don't think I lost any files
Great!
The VST effect I'm trying to use is the ReaEQ plugin listed last in the "Equalizers" section.
Ah.. thatta one. Ok i have also tried fx's from Rea, i believe it was a compressor, and i could not make that work

Why not use EasyEQ or Nyquest? Both leaves little cpu-footprint, and works flawless
I just like the way ReaEQ works, window issues notwithstanding. It felt really intuitive and easy to understand, and I personally thought it sounded really good.... but I'll give the ones you mentioned a shot. Who knows, maybe I'll like them better! Of course this means I'm going to have to re-equalize all my tracks, but I think I needed to do that anyway. I'll try out one or both and let you know how they work.
Both EasyQ and Nyquist seem to be working pretty well. This ought to get me running. Thanks so much!

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why the Rea plugins don't seem to work?