Windows 10 update mess up Synth1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Foggy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm
this means I'm going to have to re-equalize all my tracks,
Now that just sounds awful !
But hang on, i would not jump into that well. Isent the REAeq active NOW?!
That i would expect!
Imo you do not ned to re-eq anything, only use EASY or a similar EQ in new projects
If your old REAeq has lost connections this is a far more serious thing, so i have to ask:
Are the existing working settings lost, after the update to RC6 ?
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:03 pm
But hang on, i would not jump into that well. Isent the REAeq active NOW?!
That i would expect!
Are the existing working settings lost, after the update to RC6 ?
No, ReaEQ still does not work after I reinstalled LMMS. Whereas the problem before was the window would cut off parts of the GUI, the problem is now that it just won't load at all. Every time I open a project that used ReaEQ I get an error message saying that the VST can't be loaded, and when I try to use a new instance of it on a track it shows up but there's no control button.
I think I have discovered another variable: The version I downloaded is RC5 (from your link earlier in this thread). What exactly is RC6, and how is it different?

Sorry about all this, I feel like I'm throwing a lot at you.
Foggy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 pm
I get an error message saying that the VST can't be loaded
So a VST that did work and did allow you to RE-open earlier projects, does now throw : "the VST can't be loaded for...." popup!
That is really bad!
I can think of two reasons
1) Your copy of the REAeq.dll is corrupted
2) RC5 does not work with REAeq, and that indicate a new induced error!

What i want you to try, now, is to dl a completely new REAeq, and insert that in the correct folder, then retry. If it fails, then remove RC5, and get RC6, and ..retry

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 pm
What exactly is RC6, and how is it different?
RC6 is just the newest RC, there has been worked on f.i. recording, and some of the plugins, its is 'just' one more step in direction of a bonafide official release
Sorry about all this, I feel like I'm throwing a lot at you.
NP at all, we have to make lmms work.
When I first had the issue with RC5 I removed all of the Rea plugin files and reinstalled them using a freshly downloaded installer, but the problem persisted. SO, I just downloaded RC6 and tried it again. The results are promising- ReaEQ still doesn't work, but it will load. When I load a new instance there IS a "controls" button which, when pressed, brings up the VST controls, but they are incomplete. The buttons and sliders are there, but the graph that shows frequencies and everything are not. So I loaded a project I had used ReaEQ on when I was in 1.1.3. One of them didn't do anything when the "controls" button was pressed. The second one did bring up a window, but the entirity of the window was just the toolbar at the top and nothing else.

On top of that, all the projects I made in 1.1.3 are sounding really weird in the new version (both RC5 and RC6). I'm not sure how to describe the change, but it seems like the volume of certain instruments peaks out differently, and there are more things that are clicking and popping. For instance, the same project I was testing ReaEQ on has a triple oscillator preset in it and the beginning of every note clicked horribly, and changing the attack in the sound envelope did nothing to alleviate it.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm
NP at all, we have to make lmms work.
In which case, I will do all I can to help!
Foggy wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 am
it seems like the volume of certain instruments peaks out differently, and there are more things that are clicking and popping
That is bad..
I wonder if you have a smaller old -1.1.3 project, where you use REAeq. Preferably one with really bad sound in RC6.
Can i have that as a link in PM?
I would like to do some tests, and i may have to show it, to head-of-project, too
If you can bundle the project mmp, with the REAeq dll, you used, that would be best. Just send me an PM with the link to the zip (zip or rar- Not zip7:)
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:05 pm
But, during the RC's for 1.2, it was decided to rename a couple of effects. So those may be missing from projects, thats very easy to fix, from a backed up version of the LADSPA lib.
Do you have a list of these renamed effects?

Where can I find the backed up version of the LADSPA lib?
And what to do once found?
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:04 am
Those i know are:

Eq -> Eq10
Plate2x2 -> PlateX2
Clip -> Saturate

But there are more candidates. The reason is that the C* lib has been updated by author, and we have to follow his nomenklature

will be solved when official version is released.
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm
D.Ipsum wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:04 am
Those i know are:

Eq -> Eq10
Plate2x2 -> PlateX2
Clip -> Saturate

But there are more candidates. The reason is that the C* lib has been updated by author, and we have to follow his nomenklature

will be solved when official version is released.
Wait... so if they were renamed does that mean they wouldn't work right in old projects? I ask because I know I use Plate2x2 a LOT, so that might explain some of the strangeness when playing old project files.
Foggy wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 am

if they were renamed does that mean they wouldn't work right in old projects?
Yes, but thats a RC issue