What is the best version of LMMS?? 1.1.3 or 1.2.0 RC6??

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
What is difference??
One time ago i would have told you if you want more stability to use 1.1.3 because RCs weren't so stable, but 1.2.0 RC6 is the first one that completely satisfied me in terms of support and stability. For me, 1.2.0 with RC6 has become better than 1.1.3, even if sometimes crash (thing tat also the old did), it has a larger and more stable vst support new functions and a great new design, and is becoming better for one RC to another. But, developers are near to release a 1.2.0 stable release, so maybe you prefer to wait for it.

Summary: For me 1.2.0 RC6 is better :)
Thanks brother!
Also design is not all, but...

2.0 will be also better but it's a real big project (too much) so developers are now working to release 1.2.0. Maybe in the future...

Beautiful design!
Roxas, do you have any more design idea photos for 2.0?
HCMusic, Yes I have, it was made by a designer called budislav that propose it to LMMS devs on github here
Also you can see the same full preview image on his deviantart https://budislavtvp.deviantart.com/art/ ... -523696539

RebeccaDeField, the one who made the default theme of 1.2.0 also remade it with colors in more LMMS style

Also, budislav redesign ZynAddSubFX an old vst embedded in LMMS (you can see the original budislav design here) , and Zasfx devs began and finish it (modifying it a bit) creating ZynAddSubFX 3.0 or ZynFusion, which source code is free, but for standalone you have to pay to support developers. http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/zyn-fusion.html (maybe site is on maintenance, try later if it is)

I heard LMMS devs was planning to embedding the new ZynFusion instead of the old one zasfx in the future, and i hope they'll do it (maybe with 2.0) because even if the core is the same the new GUI is really really cool and more approachable to learn for noobs like me
Also another designer have redesigned Synth1 by Ichiro Toda and i would love it more (and maybe it will attract more people and made his potential more known) if this will be implemented. It would make it so professional! <3

Site: http://www.samdetomasi.com/synth1-ui-redesign/
Rafaelcortazio wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:55 am
What is difference??
well......
close to 80 new features! the last time i counted....

Disclamer!
RC6 newest ed of lmms, is RC ReleaseCandidate! There are some bugs!
But listen:
NO sw in the whole world is without bugs!

Atm the recommended version IS RC6
Albeit bugs, there is afawk, no project-harming bugs -eg, you may have a freeze in a feature, but the saved projects are sane, and editable
However!
I really advise you to save as MMP files!

Do not save only in MMPZ! -Witch is the default file-type

MMP files we can rescue in case of weirdness -Its not possible with most mmpZ
The default should be mmp uncompressed
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:57 pm
Rafaelcortazio wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:55 am
What is difference??
well......
close to 80 new features! the last time i counted....

Disclamer!
RC6 newest ed of lmms, is RC ReleaseCandidate! There are some bugs!
But listen:
NO sw in the whole world is without bugs!

Atm the recommended version IS RC6
Albeit bugs, there is afawk, no project-harming bugs -eg, you may have a freeze in a feature, but the saved projects are sane, and editable
However!
I really advise you to save as MMP files!

Do not save only in MMPZ! -Witch is the default file-type

MMP files we can rescue in case of weirdness -Its not possible with most mmpZ