Infinite loop

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello, i'm new into lmms and music production software and i need some help.

What i'm trying to do i think is called sampling , i don't know...

I have attached a project that contains an infinite loop.What is want to do is to change the chord when i press a note and keep it that way until i press another note.
For example the loop is playing the main chord Cmajor. I press G and the the program changes to Gmajor and so on.

I'v been looking for tutorials but i don't really know what to search for...

Attachments

well, you only have one instrument, so it kind of possible, but not with a key press. Lmms does not have macros, so you cant set some hotkeys for this. You can move the small key-selector (green square) on the instrument-preset, with the mouse. That will change the key of the loop.
Thx a lot, that exactly what i needed for start.

Now i have another issue. I need to be able to change from major to minor and vice versa.
sino93 wrote:Thx a lot, that exactly what i needed for start.
you are welcome
sino93 wrote: Now i have another issue. I need to be able to change from major to minor and vice versa.
that means different notes, in the chords!, so here you need two note-containters -eg two tracks, one with major chords, and one with minor chords
...OR!
If you want to do some kind of 'play-by-click' performance, then you could rethink your current melodi, and use feature 'STACKING' in the FUNC tab of the instrument.
In STACKING you can choose if a single-note should be played as root in any chord of a huge table. What is normally thought of as minor, (eg complementary-minor) is the option just called 'minor', placed 3. last in the table. True Major is 2. option.
Experiment with that.
You may like to learn something about scales and chords. I made a video for that some months ago:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhkwmABRtp4
So, if i use staking then i need to make multiple track as i don't see any way to make it change the mode, only the pitch. And the turn on and off the tracks.
sino93 wrote:So, if i use staking then i need to make multiple track as i don't see any way to make it change the mode, only the pitch. And the turn on and off the tracks.
That would work, yes :)