LMMS 1.1.3 Ceases to Load ANY VST - Windows 64-bit

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
What's up, people.

So, I ran into a strange and unexpected problem. Last night, I was able to load any VST via Vestige and use it without a problem — until I closed the project and reopened it later on.

Now, every time I try to load a VST, I am faced with the standard error prompt that flatly says it can't load the VST "for some reason" (pretty helpful — right?).

So, I tried to resolve the issue by reinstalling LMMS, and, for the first time, I saw an error during installation that said it cannot access the RemoteVSTPlugin32.exe file (among a couple of other files — the QtXCore.dll files, I think). In spite of this error, the file is there, and permission settings allow access to it, so it's not clear what's going on here.

Anyway, based on the fact that a 32-bit executable is being brought into question, I'm thinking this might be some conflict with the system's 64-bit architecture, even though I was initially able to use any VST as I said earlier. Who knows.

I've also tried to use the 1.2.0 beta release, but I cannot do a single thing without crashing as soon as I trigger some event, so using that version is totally out of the question.

Much help would be appreciated, guys. Let's do this!

P.S. This problem roughly occurred after I decided to momentarily switch to the beta release so I can use some of the new control features in the sequencer.

P.P.S. The issue has been resolved. Bam, baby. How do you like me now.
Alright, guys — I solved the problem.

I uninstalled LMMS again; but, this time, I made sure to also delete the plugin folder, which is left untouched when you uninstall the program.

Initially, I was unable to do this because some unknown program or resource was using the files within — the same files I mentioned earlier — despite the fact that I had just uninstalled LMMS.

So, to resolve this, I restarted the system, which then allowed me to successfully delete those files. Upon reinstalling LMMS afterwards, I was able to use the VSTs again.

In conclusion, this had something to do with switching over to the beta version, which caused the problem in the first place.
vongol wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 am

tried to resolve the issue by reinstalling
: :
I saw an error during installation:
cannot access the RemoteVSTPlugin32.exe
the file is there, and permission settings allow access to it
Ok - much going on here!
I kind of have an idea, but this
based on the fact that a 32-bit executable is being brought into question,
What do you mean "brought into question" ?

tried to use the 1.2.0 beta release, but I cannot do a single thing without crashing
That tells me, that you have flawed windows installation, or problems with rights
P.P.S. The issue has been resolved. Bam, baby. How do you like me now.
Would like you more if you had explained how :P