The Party - Kraze, Cover attempt

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
114 posts
Thank you, I had tried a few things , but that did not sound anything close as good as to yours.

I am for now happy with first part, but second part is driving me nuts.

First part sounds good enough to let Kraze him self have a listen, but the second part, makes me cry.

Because of the idea I got through musikbear, I now have the piano vst layered with a synth1 organ.
This totally brings in the swing, and fixes the totally dead ( dance music wise ) sound of the piano vst.

This vst is great but there is nothing to fine tune. For this track that is a problem. ( 4front piano )

I have trouble sitting still with the first part, just like the original, but when second part starts, it totally caves in.
Even with Kraze shouting at the right moment, yo want this party starting riight ? :(

I have already tried to mess with the velocity, but something is wrong. I probably need to listen more at a slower speed, to the second part. And I should try more different notes. Maybe try the major scale ?

Interesting fact is that sonic visualizer confirms my piano pattern cant be far off.

I might already have a name though for the remix. The perky organ remix. :P
Second part is starting to sound less bad, I am far from happy yet though.
Everything in the track has E as the lowest note, for the second piano part , I am now higher up the minor scale.

Made progress with something else though. Voice of Kraze.

Noticed Kraze sounding rather flat, compared to original. If this is due to quality loss or mixing ?
Adding reverb solved it. :D

Automated the Wed signal with an automation track.
Fist part just a bit of reverb so it sounds like the party, then, like what I think I am hearing in the original too, he shouts "we here" and at that point the wet level goes up.

I do not know if its reverb in the original, but there is definitely some echo on the "were here" part. :P
Gps wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:12 pm
I do not know if its reverb in the original, but there is definitely some echo on the "were here" part. :P
Okay, after listening to that " we're here" part, I would say, that it sounds
like a combination of both, Echo and Reverb.
Gps wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am
You're not confusing me.

Yesterday musicbear also said its 3 notes, but also because of Sonic Visualizer, we know its tree notes.

Why do we, including me hear something else ?

I think it has to do with the fact its a bassguitar, and the way that especially the first note ( string ) is touched.

I might also be something like delay, that keeps confusing us..........
Whew! I'm glad I wasn't confusing anyone.

I read everything. Interesting info.

Bear helped with the piano part? Cool! :D

Gps wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am
Yesterday musicbear also said its 3 notes, but also because of Sonic Visualizer, we know its tree notes.

Why do we, including me hear something else ?

I think it has to do with the fact its a bassguitar, and the way that especially the first note ( string ) is touched.

I might also be something like delay, that keeps confusing us.
Concerning the bass, I think I figured out, why we think we're hearing something else.
I'll listen to it again, to see if I'm correct. Then I'll post my theory.
This is were I am am now.
https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/the-party5

@Brandy
I had the piano melody, first part almost right, but Bear showed me a small mistake.
Will be interesting what you might find. Although I like my current baseline, its not 100% the same.
To all again. :P

In my mind I can see the dance floor fill up ( really happy with first part ) but then I can see them running off the dance floor at 0:54m :(

That part has been bugging me from the start. It sounds horrible, does not make me wanna dance :(
It does wanna make me break things, like my keyboard or anything else close out of frustration. ;)
Gps wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:49 pm
In my mind I can see the dance floor fill up ( really happy with first part ) but then I can see them running off the dance floor at 0:54m :(
ROFL

So sorry i diddent send you that file yet, some issues - its on its way..
Don't worry about it :)

I fixed the link, because the link was to a video about gravity, not to my track.
Some interesting feedback from Linux musician forum.
My timing is off ( second part )

This poses a question, about the timing of the bass for the first part, because baseline does not seem to change.

Already tried this in lmms, in one track, and he is right.

This creates a different challenge, on how to fit this in blocks, but for now very happy.
This creates the typical beat in the second part.

It might be an idea to move the kicks, so the bassline can start at 1. ( compared to picture )
Then it can be continues from first part, as it seems in the original. :)
I am wondering, is this kick bassline pattern, why we think we hear two notes at the start of the bassline ?

I had to do allot of moving, and had a peak with sonic visualizer. The kick and the baseline seem constant, at-least for the first and second part.

I had to use the beat and baseline editor for some parts. This changed the sound a bit of one track, I think I understand why.

The timing in the first part was not right yet, but it should be now. Not really happy how second part sounds yet, but this is a huge step forward.

Suddenly I have this typical beat. :D Yo want this party starting right ?

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/th ... n-progress
Been moving notes in the second piano part. Finally it starts to sound like the original. :)

Pasted the bassline into the piano part, and made sure it was kinda following the base line.

Before I heard notes, that to me sounded out of scale, although the scale tool said they were in scale.
Never the less it sounded horrible :P

I have not uploaded the latest version. So this latest fix is not in the version currently on soundcloud.

Right now I am once again in trouble, with lets call it second transistion.

Also wondering about first part, might try to do some moving of the piano notes, timing wise.
I am not yet convinced, I have it 100% right. :)
114 posts