Global automation list, automation knob unhooks, copy/paste

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Automations are great tool, but few features are missing: When you edit song global automation, there is no other telling, that that button was automated. You have to remember all knobs, that you automated through global automation. :idea: Some view with all assigned and used global automations would be nice. Also when you create new automation track, after knob hooking (ctrl + dragging knob) there is no telling which knobs are associated with that automation. And also, you cannot unhook that knob, only way is to delete whole automation. Its nice, that you can hook more that one knob, but that fact, that you cannot unhook is quite unpleasant.
Another idea would be to enable automation copy/paste (optimally with possible selection tool).
WZRD wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am
edit song global automation

global automation is a pest, and will be killed soon..
you cannot unhook that knob
Not true, rightclick the connected controller, and in the bottom of the context-menu you have a list over bindings, where you can 'unhook' each in the list.
Another idea would be to enable automation copy/paste (optimally with possible selection tool).
will come
musikbear wrote:
Not true, rightclick the connected controller, and in the bottom of the context-menu you have a list over bindings, where you can 'unhook' each in the list.
Sadly no, it seems that your solution is not there. This is only context dropdown that i have. No unhooks there (it's RC7) I can unhook from globals, but not from 'track' automation. Check printscreen.
AutomationUnhook.png
AutomationUnhook.png (80.38 KiB) Viewed 4582 times

Btw, that tention knob seems to be dead. Cannot be adjusted.
WZRD wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 am
your solution is not there.
arugh... my bad, its the Automation-block you need to right-click.. sorry...
Btw, that tention knob seems to be dead. Cannot be adjusted.
Tension is only influencing Cubic-Hermite progressions. Try that.