Can anyone share some tips about how to find inspiration for

Find a song that you like or that inspires you? Post it here.
This is honestly my biggest problem. It becomes tough to create anything that sounds at least decent. Days, weeks, perhaps even months pass and I still can't make a good chord progression or a melody to start a track. It seems like inspiration just comes and goes whenever it wants, but is there a way to make it stay? I've heard a tip that says that I shouldn't listen to ANY music for 12 hours, to refresh myself, but I can't just go through that much time without hearing some music, whether it's on the radio or the TV or wherever. Thanks in advance.
Rameshsalvi wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 pm
I still can't make a good chord progression or a melody to start a track.
Are you familiar with music-theory? It all starts there!
I shouldn't listen to ANY music for 12 hours
I say: Do listen to music in the genre you like to work in, try to recreate a part of a favourite track.

finally, making instruments, can sometime be inspirational

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Rameshsalvi !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Listen to many songs in the genre you like, but don't listen to too many of them.

Why? Because when to start to like those tunes that you listen too, a bit too much
you'll start to wish that you could make, similar music, beats and melodies heard in those songs.
And when you try to make, similar beats and melodies etc. and realise that it's kinda hard to do
then you might end up, being more demotivated than before. :P

So my advice is to:
Play around with an lmms synth plugin.
Press some random synth keys, until you hear a melody you like.
Learn to make synth sounds etc.

And feel free to check out the Tutorials section, for synth sound tuts
and musical tips and tricks etc.

Also, welcome to the lmms forums Rameshsalvi. :)
Do not hesitate to propose a link to listen to your tracks (in the Music Projects section of the forum), and ask for advice, or specific questions. I think there will always be someone to tell you interesting things :)
The other users have provided effective suggestions. The inspiration is linked to your hobbies(drawing, reading comics, taking part in a sport...) and you should use many sounds to perceive more ideas. Besides, the general context becomes essential(a party, a track for your game...). Good luck!
I think taking a break can be quite useful if you're feeling burned out on music. By taking a step back you essentially wait to be remembered what you love about it - and when that happens it's a very affirmative experience.

But it sounds you are perhaps more troubled by lack of inspiration/confidence in your abilities. Personally I have two methods for such scenarios I tend to make use of. The first one is making covers of tracks I really like. In the chiptune communities I've been around, this was actually quite a common practice for getting to know music and developing your skills - you don't have to be entirely original, but you can learn a lot by taking a closer look at the music you like and still face some technical challenges such as arrangement or in this case production. I've always found that when I started to work on covers or arrangements I was full of all kinds of new ideas afterwards. But even playing around with a part of them (like musicbear suggested) can be very interesting.

The second one is to simply write down as many ideas as you can when inspiration does strike. Over time one will collect a huge assortment of ideas, notes, perhaps even half-finished projects. When lacking inspiration for something entirely new, it can be interesting to revisit some of them. I find that I do indeed need some strong inspiration for creating out of nothing, but not that much for working on something existing. And while working on something, new ideas will form eventually.
Sometimes, you get random sets of words that sound cool. For example, "The lights will guide you home." Then, you can make a tune to it. Build a tune around it. The downside to this, is that your tune is MORE likely to sound like something already heard before by someone else.
Your result may not be very nice, but it can be polished later (:
Make sure to save for posterity! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vEA8I9 ... sp=sharing (This one, eg, sounds like Control by Unknown Brain. At least the first part. it is an unpolished tune idea. So no "oomph," but is powerful if I try to maximise its potential.)
Sometimes you just get a cool tune stuck in your head, that you didn't listen from elsewhere. Other times, you're randomly messing around and get something. Sometimes you are lucky enough to get lyrics and music is quick to follow.
The trial-and-error method, is a gamble. Most of the time you'll get a bad tune. But can you do T&E method often enough, that you get the low-chance good tune?
Also, your noticing of your own mind's tunes, comes only from practice with trying to form tunes.