windows 10 runtime error?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I've recently used LMMS on my windows 8 laptop whilst away and it worked completely fine, however, when I got back, i have tried installing both the stable and beta versions on my windows 10 computer, but every time i have tried to open it a window pops up saying

" Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Users\coffe\Downloads\LMMS\lmms.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I'm not to sure what this means or how to fix it. Any suggestions?

pnix-moss wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm
Hello, I've recently used LMMS on my windows 8 laptop
Welcome to the forum pnix-moss! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

This issue should be fixed in current RC, but i guess you are using 1.1.3 -correct?
That is based on libportaudio2, whereas the RC is based on portaudio. We were never able to figure out why -some- win10 installations ran into issues with libportaudio2, but i wrote a file that did work for some
You can find the file here:
https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5 ... =10#p17045
Together with info on how to use it.
Remember to make these changes as administrator!
Please report back if it helped you, and MOST important: What win10 version do you have on your pc!
thank you very much i will try using this now :) my windows version is 1703 i believe
In order to fix Windows 10 runtime error you should apply the below-given steps:

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time to open the Run prompt.

Step 2: Type into the Run prompt: appwiz.cpl.

Step 3: Press Enter.

Step 4: Find all installations relating to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime and uninstall them one by one.

Step 5: Download and re-install the previously removed runtime libraries.

Source: http://www.pcerror-fix.com/complete-ste ... ws-108-187
jackadision wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 am
In order to fix Windows 10 runtime error you should apply the below-given steps:
Thnx for sharing jackadision
I believe that win10runtime errors will be history in >=1.2.0 lmms, but i will keep this fix in mind, if it is needed for lower versions.

Besides that, since you are new here -Welcome to the forum jackadision ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Press the Windows Key + R, appwiz.cpl and then press Enter. Browse through the list and uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Runtimes except 2010 and 2012. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 in the list of installed applications. Hope it helps. Go2top Power ISO Crack.
maryjeferson5 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:04 am
Press the Windows Key + R, appwiz.cpl and then press Enter. Browse through the list and uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Runtimes except 2010 and 2012. Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012 in the list of installed applications. Hope it helps.
The issue has been resolved, and there is no reason for changes of anyones system. The above -albeit correct, is solely for windows knowledgeables -Dont do this if you dont understand it!

@maryjeferson5
Hi, maryjeferson5 Welcome to the Forum !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I don't have issues with LMS but getting 0x80072efd Windows update error. I have tried fixing the issue but problem many of solution gets failed to fix issue. I researched on Google, it helped me to fix this trouble with some manual tricks.
shubh_ra wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:57 am
getting 0x80072efd Windows update error.
So you do not have any problem now? Do i understand you correctly?

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome shubh!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions