Settings/scales questions

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
it does look like sendspace has changed in the recieving end. The upload end is remarkeble clean, and so easy to use, but it looks dirty on the other end - bad
But snag.gy is recomended by BBC as a secure and effective image sharing platform with tools.
Pastebin is fine

Lets go back to your problem Brad
upload your file to any upload service of your choice :) and paste the link here. I will look at it, and see if i can figure out why it acts so weird
guitarbrad wrote:@tresf that is a good point and I did notice that when I D/Led his file. I did click the proper D/L link but I got that message anyway. You have been using imgur to U/L & reference your images; I use flickr, which is part of Yahoo. You can make images private & put them in a comment like I did above.
I know you're saying to use gist instead of sendspace like he had, but what about pastebin? Are you also saying not to use pastebin & to use gist instead?
Pastebin is ok, but Gist is ideal. We use github for our sourcecode, so having the same company host our code snippets guarantees their availability. It's a moot point at the end of the day if the problem gets resolved, but pastebin has large banner advertisements on the top and right sides of the page, so they could suffer the same problem with bad download links.
Would it not be easier for me to send the file directly to you by a one-time email address (I don't think you can PM or U/L on this forum) or use gist.github.com like tresf suggests?
It sets a precedence if anyone on the development team takes these files directly. Most mmpz files are actually small enough to be placed on the developer mailing list, they can be switched to mmp for gist and the settings files can be easily placed on gist as well. To be honest we don't have a great place for uploads yet (many of us use our own personal google drive accounts) but either way, musikBear should be very mindful of placing items on ad-prone sites. That's one of the major reasons we're moving away from sourceforge to begin with. :)
musikbear wrote:wooot that issue again.. its so weird, It came up on github yesterday, and i found a 'fix' for it. A least it worked for Poul
Great, just post the fix please. Most advanced users are capable of editing a text file. :) Actually, you should probably post the fix in the bug report and link the bug report to this forum. :)
I don't think you can PM or U/L on this forum
Oh, you are right. Fixed. Feel free to upload those types of attachments here now that they have been enabled.

P.S. I might take this forum down today. Need to migrate it to our new hosting, http://lmms.io

Attachments

Hi guys, so sorry I've been away, but now I'm back I'd like to U/L those files you asked for. To that end, here are my xml file and the cfg file too for good measure.

@tresf You had some good points about ad powered host sites, etc. 8-)

@musikbear If you & tresf can have a look at these files, maybe we can get to the bottom of this thing. :?

The location of both files are in my posts above. The xml file had more refs. to ver 0.4.5 in the <recentfiles> section before. I appreciate your help... :) Thanks.
.lmmsrc.xml
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Copy of .zynaddsubfxXML.txt
It wouldn't let me use a cfg ext. so I made a copy with txt. Its the same file.
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
FYI, .CFG extensions have now been enabled. I'll try reproducing your issue and get back to you.
@guitarbrad, are you sure this is the right file? It says 1.0.3 not 0.4.x. Is this the one that crashes your LMMS? It works fine for me although I am on an early beta... 1.0.93 currently.

-Tres
@brad - I cant dl the xml: 'No attachment' Have you solved the issue through tresf' help?
@musikbear @Tres - Hi guys. Guess what? Just after my last post on this thread, I tried to post again, but could not do it! There was something wrong and I couldn't even load the posting page. I'd click "Post a reply", the url would change, & it'd stop there. I thought you were due an explanation. I'd never leave ppl trying to help me hanging like that. (There's another short question at the end tho.)

Now that I can post again, I thought I'd say:
@Tres - All I know is I used the template xml file from before & changed the version to 1.0.3 & it didn't work. The only part of MY xml file that referenced 0.4.x was the <recentfiles> list AND the laddir path. That has changed and only the laddir= path still references 0.4.x. (Problem?) ALSO note: <?xml version="1.0"?> (Problem?)

@musikbear - Below is the file again. I hope you can D/L it this time - perhaps things have been fixed. (Try Pastebin or Gist next?)

I've been using LMMS in the meantime to create & play music. I would still very much like to access the Settings! :cry:

Thanks
Brad
.lmmsrc.xml
My xml file.
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Hi Brad, yes there has been some forum issues, that blocked some threads, but tres solved them now.
Your file has no umlauts(whitch now is known to be a problem), but it has a short ui definition. I dont know if that could cause your problem :ugeek:
Anywhitch, i have edited that part, and also removed 'recently-files' -They are not needed, and if your fiolder structure are messed up, maybe that could be an issue
Of cause you need to move the current .lmmsrc.xml before you insert this one

It is meant for LMMS 1.0.3

Let me know if it works :))

Attachments