I have LMMS 1.2.0- rc7 and getting cpu lagg why??

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Im running LMMs on windows 7 desktop and I get super lagg it stops working after 4 sec. I already adjusted the buffer and changed audio settings SDL. Is there anything else I can do? Im only running one plugin not even multiple plugins why is it cpu crashing ? any help will be appreciated thanks
oliver949oc wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:29 am
Im running LMMs on windows 7 desktop :: already adjusted the buffer and changed audio settings SDL.
Do you run some heavy online stuff -Dont
When did you last rebooted your PC? Lots of people only sleep their pc, and that is bad!
Also: please post your:
* OS service-pack-version
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome oliver949oc !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Hello MusikBear, I can confirm that LMMS v1.2RC7 is super laggy / lots of latency.
I notice this when playing a VST (ZynAddSubFX) live in realtime from my MIDI keyboard controller, there is a delay between pressing a key and hearing the note.

The problem is the "SDL" now is the only Audio output option available!

NB. In your previous LMMS version "1.1.3" I had the option for:
PortAudio => Windows WASAPI => Audiobox Asio driver.

Summary:
~ Lots of latency/lag with LMMS 1.2 & "SDL" audio output;
~ Very low latency with LMMS 1.1.3 & "PortAudio" (WASAPI/Asio)

**Please** can you bring back the "PortAudio" / WASAPI option??

Martin.
oliver949oc wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:29 am
any help will be appreciated thanks
Mart419 wrote: Hello MusikBear, I can confirm that LMMS v1.2RC7 is super laggy / lots of latency.
I notice this when playing a VST (ZynAddSubFX) live in realtime from my MIDI keyboard controller, there is a delay between pressing a key and hearing the note.

Martin.
Hello to the both of you, and welcome to the forums oliver949oc and Mart419. :D
This topic has been moved to support. :D
Mart419 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:21 pm
Oh.. But SDL is best for all versions of windows!
NB. In your previous LMMS version "1.1.3" I had the option for:
PortAudio => Windows WASAPI => Audiobox Asio driver.
There are talks about bringing portAudio back, but im not sure where it will go..

This is a really weird issue
Literately mio of users have no issues at all, with SDL (?)
I have no issue, on the contrary, If i try a different setup, i get problems
Something must be different in yours & Olivers setup
I would like to know as much as possible about your pc, and your windows installation.
Do you by chance use Steam There is an option for outputting everything to a textfile, and i mean everything, also sensitive information, so you should NOT post the file here, but send me a IM!
Its just a longshot, but i cant figure out, why you both have issues with SDL .. Thats ..od

Merry Christmas !
Hello again Musikbear,
I'm back from holidays - Happy New Year!
Thanks for your reply. I'm not saying there is anything 'malfunctioning' with SDL, but I am very sensitive to latency, and there is definitely a bit more lag with "SDL" compared with my audio interface's dedicated Wasapi/Asio driver. I'm not a software engineer and I can't explain what is going on inside, but I can say that WASAPI offers a more 'immediate' response to a midi keyboard input.

Regarding your question as to where you could put the Wasapi driver option, couldn't it could go exactly where it used to be in the previous version 1.1.3 ie:

Audio Settings => Audio Interface => PortAudio => Windows WASAPI => AudioBox 44VSL line-out
??
What do you think?
Cheers, Martin.
Mart419 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:28 pm
more lag with "SDL" compared with my audio interface's dedicated Wasapi/Asio driver.
Ok.. there the reason could be. You have real ASIO. I have only used ASIO4ALL, that was in many ways very good, but the one thing that was bad, was extremely bad. ASIO4ALL would now and then cause the dreaded BSOD !
Regarding your question as to where you could put the Wasapi driver option, couldn't it could go exactly where it used to be in the previous version

:) No.. here you misunderstand me, i am saying 'not sure where the descission will go, eg if portaudio will come back at all or not
Hi again -- yes, I am using my Presonus interface's professional Asio driver (with LMMS 1.1.3). It provides lowest latency for any audio software / DAW routed through it directly to the hardware.

In terms of the decision-making to which you refer, well, that's a no-brainer.
I mean, if the LMMS developers really want people to take it seriously for music-making, then it absolutely needs to provide direct access, for lowest-latency bitperfect audio output to whatever professional audio drivers & hardware are installed on that computer. By taking away that option, is a deal-breaker I'm afraid, as it makes LMMS v2 pretty much useless for anything 'live' -- such as when using a midi keyboard etc..

Hoping you can convince them to reinstate native Asio driver support in LMMS!

Cheers,
Hi again MusikBear,
So that I'm not misunderstood, please download the screenshot image of what I would really appreciate to have again in the next version version of 64bit LMMS:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18XCPg6 ... sp=sharing

Hope this comes back to LMMS!
Mart419 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Hope this comes back to LMMS!
Pleased to be able to tell you, that port-audio will be re-instated properly in 1.2 or 1.2.1