WAV file headers reporting incorrect size

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When decoding a WAV file I'm able to read from the header the following values (formatted neatly):
Channels: 2
BitDepth: 16
SampleRate: 44100
FileSize: 907346
FileType: RIFF
AudioFileType: WAVE
data: [...]
PCM: 0
When I load this into a OpenAL buffer and attempt to play it back, the sound doesn't play. However after a lots of tweaking, I was able to get the sound to play when I hardcode the FileSize to 907300.

This got me thinking that OpenAL most likely needs me to be offset the header when I start loading in the sample data. However a WAV file's header size is only 44 bytes. I'm also assuming that just offsetting by 46 bytes isn't really a long term solution. So where does the extra 2 bytes come from?

Update:

I tested another file which I downloaded of the internet instead of saving from LMMS. It doesn't play at all even after offsetting by 44 or 46 bytes. Its header is identical except for FileSize: 1242448
'[quote=angela245 post_id=60360 time=1548931767 user_id=5589]
When decoding a WAV file
[/quote]


Lets see if i understand this correctly.

You have exported from LMMS to a wave-file, and when you examined [i]that[/i] file, the header did not contain the information you expected/ had chosen, in the export menu.

Is [i]that[/i] correct?

If so, please be more specific, what parameters did you select, and what was these changed to, in the exported wave?



If you ask a general question about wave-file headers, then this is not the right forum.

I can tell you how I wrote the header in a as program I wrote years back. Here the header is:


[code]