Double Click Dialog Box for FX Channel in Plugin Settings

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

The functionality of double clicking on the FX Channel in the general settings of an instrument plugin should be changed to a dialog box to set the number manually.

Currently, double clicking gives focus to or opens the FX-Mixer.
Instead, it would make more sense to open a dialog box similar to the other controls to directly type the number in, allowing a range of 0 - Max Fx Number.

This would make the UI more consistent, since all of the other controls that you can set in all of the plugin settings tabs show a dialog on double click.
The current ways to change the FX channel work (left click-drag, mouse wheel, right click fx-> Assign to), but opening up the FX-Mixer seems more suited to be a right-click context menu option than a double-click shortcut.

This isn't asking to remove that functionality and it would be nice to have a setting to re-enable the FX-Mixer popup, since I personally don't agree with taking away features that other people might find handy in their workflow.
Nullshock78 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 am
The functionality of double clicking on the FX Channel in the general settings of an instrument plugin should be changed to a dialog box to set the number manually.
You mean here?

You should not double-click on "Add-Effect"
All you need is a single mouse-click, but then a process is initiated, that can take some time. LMMS need to index all your plugins, and also sort them, prepare a list, and build a select-gadget. That can take up to +15 sekd, before its done, and you can select the plugin.
I doubt that you get faster result from an additional click, because that would only repeat the instruction.
So in fact, your request is a question about patience :)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Nullshock78 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm
You mean here?
Sorry, I should have included an image for clarity
This is the control I mean by “FX channel”:
What I’m suggesting is when you double click this number panel, it pops up a dialog box to set that number like the ones that pop up when you double click the other knobs and the other number panel to the left in this image. In all of the plugin settings tabs (the ones at the bottom of the image) this is the only control (knobs or those number displays) that has a specific operation other than showing a dialog box to set the value.
This would be a change for consistency more than efficiency or speed purposes.

Also thanks for the welcome! :D
Nullshock78 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:51 pm
This is the control I mean by “FX channel”:
I agree. We need a way to set a new FX-channel, and connect it, there :idea: