Kick Drums

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I have been looking for a really punchy kick drum for a house track I am wanting to make. What I want to know is if anyone has any good kick samples, or maybe some advice on how to make my kick really hit. I would appreciate the knowledge.
DJB wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm
looking for a really punchy kick drum
Can you point to an example?
Find a video or soundclip online, with the exact instrument sound, you are looking for. -Link to it!
You need to add exact timestamps, for where the wanted sound starts, and less important -ends
Like @2:32 -> 2:55
In specific, I am looking for the kind of kick in this song. https://soundcloud.com/said-the-sky/owl ... -sky-remix. It has a nice presence to it, and I want to replicate that. The kick starts at 0:55. Thanks!
DJB wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm
In specific, I am looking for the kind of kick in this song
Its more than a kick
He has different added effect for the on and off-beat. Onbeat i believe is a diskrete tambourine, and offbeat a single shaker(?). The actual kick is possible to make with kicker, but a bit of LP-filtering is perhaps good.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to use this.
DJB wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm
I have been looking for a really punchy kick drum for a house track I am wanting to make. What I want to know is if anyone has any good kick samples, or maybe some advice on how to make my kick really hit. I would appreciate the knowledge.
Another nice way to make a punchy kick, is to take a kick sample, and then
add an equalizer effect to it. Then play around with the equalizers dials,
until it sounds punchy enough. Lmms has alot of nice equalizer effects, that
come free with it. So use whichever one you like. :)