Classic Dubstep feat. more LFOs than I can count

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Link:https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/london-basement-wip

It actually turned out a bit better than I had originally expected, it's inspired quite a bit by Skream and Distance, two of my favourite classic dubstep producers

What do you guys think? What would you change about it? What could I fix? I'm still pretty new in the music scene and am quite inexperienced
nice track! i love the intro & the hit noise you're using!

bassline is great, only this is I found it distorted quite a bit but may just be my speakers. keep it up haha i wanna see more classic dubstep on there forums
beagle wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:05 pm

bassline is great, only this is I found it distorted quite a bit but may just be my speakers. keep it up haha i wanna see more classic dubstep on there forums
Thanks for the feedback! I do like classic dubstep and other stuff like it, but I've never been good at it due to not having a proper subwoofer to hear it through, as well as me being general crap at background and smooth ambient sounds that dubstep is all about. I was thinking of next making a faster-paced classic dubstep track inspired a bit by Cockney Thug by Rusko (but with a bit more sub), or maybe something a bit more modern dubstep-style (not likely though)

How do you feel about the more distorted wobble starting at around 2:17? I liked it but I thought people would be a bit iffy about it
SkyEyeMCCIX wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:13 pm
beagle wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I do like classic dubstep and other stuff like it, but I've never been good at it due to not having a proper subwoofer to hear it through, as well as me being general crap at background and smooth ambient sounds that dubstep is all about. I was thinking of next making a faster-paced classic dubstep track inspired a bit by Cockney Thug by Rusko (but with a bit more sub), or maybe something a bit more modern dubstep-style (not likely though)

How do you feel about the more distorted wobble starting at around 2:17? I liked it but I thought people would be a bit iffy about it
Yeah I get you haha, when I first started producing (i was 16, in school haha) one of our courseworks was to remix Adele - Rolling in the Deep in either disco or (classic/UK) dubstep - i ended up choosing dubstep but made a very bro-step type track and ended up not getting many marks for it lol.

I get what you mean about the subwoofer though - recently i've been EQing my bass sections (kick and sub pretty much lol) a bit more - give my last 2 tracks a listen in comparison to the rest and hopefully you'll see a difference haha! but just have a look for tutorials on youtube, usually quite helpful even if they're in different programmes. One trick you can apply sub wise to make the track sound better through smaller speakers (e.g. phone speakers) is add slight amounts of distortion to the subs/bass after EQ - should beef up the tone a bit more! (again, try on my last 2 tracks through speakers/without for example in comparison to 'Grills' another of mine - it should be much clearer then haha!)

The wobble at 2:17, whilst admittedly not my cup of dubstep tea (dubstep purist lol) doesn't sound bad at all! I think it had the effect you were looking for but wasn't overly grainy or anything.

keep it up mate
Now that I listen to London Basement with some decent headphones I feel like the wub is a bit too high-pitched... but that's alright I guess, I've seen dubstep with higher pitched wobbles (cough Rusko - Cockney Thug cough)

I'm also starting to feel like it's lacking a bit of side stuffs and such to keep the rhythm and keep it from being repetitive

But hey; at least I uploaded it as a "WIP". That's sorta my way of saying "I uploaded this but haven't been able to hear it through properly so it's probably shit lmao"

I'll also hand you the .mmpz later today when I get back to my PC if you'd like; you seem to be into dubstep as well!
SkyEyeMCCIX wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:41 pm
Now that I listen to London Basement with some decent headphones I feel like the wub is a bit too high-pitched... but that's alright I guess, I've seen dubstep with higher pitched wobbles (cough Rusko - Cockney Thug cough)

I'm also starting to feel like it's lacking a bit of side stuffs and such to keep the rhythm and keep it from being repetitive

But hey; at least I uploaded it as a "WIP". That's sorta my way of saying "I uploaded this but haven't been able to hear it through properly so it's probably shit lmao"

I'll also hand you the .mmpz later today when I get back to my PC if you'd like; you seem to be into dubstep as well!
haha yea I get you - i also have a WIP on my soundcloud which is a dubstep-type thing, just never got round to finishing it lol

yea go for it mate, i'm actually going on holiday tomorrow for a couple weeks so won't be able to look at them too much but will give it a go
SkyEyeMCCIX wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:43 pm
Link:https://soundcloud.com/skyeye-mccix/london-basement-wip

It actually turned out a bit better than I had originally expected, it's inspired quite a bit by Skream and Distance, two of my favourite classic dubstep producers

What do you guys think? What would you change about it? What could I fix? I'm still pretty new in the music scene and am quite inexperienced
Old school style, sounding dubstep. Nice.