How would we make proprietary VSTs compatible with LMMS?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I'm no programmer, and I'm only somewhat familiar with copyright and trademark law, so please pardon any ignorance.
VSTs like Kontakt are quite popular and very powerful, and it would definitely be wonderful if we could use them for LMMS. I have a copy of SolemnTones' Odin for Kontakt that I got from a friend, and I've been itching to use it. If someone could clarify why LMMS crashes when it tries to run Kontakt, I'd love to know. And, if at all possible, how can I help fix the crash so that everyone can use it?

Thank you for your time :)
DisposableScissors wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:49 am
I'm no programmer, and I'm only somewhat familiar with copyright and trademark law, so please pardon any ignorance.
VSTs like Kontakt are quite popular and very powerful, and it would definitely be wonderful if we could use them for LMMS. I have a copy of SolemnTones' Odin for Kontakt that I got from a friend, and I've been itching to use it. If someone could clarify why LMMS crashes when it tries to run Kontakt, I'd love to know. And, if at all possible, how can I help fix the crash so that everyone can use it?

Thank you for your time :)
Firstly, make sure you use 1.2rc8 (the beta version of LMMS, it’s actually more stable than 1.1.3) if you wanna have VST functionality.

Second, Kontakt is a massive CPU hog by default, and using a demo version/cracked version is anything but cooperative with LMMS. That’s something I’ve learned through my own experience using Kontakt.