Spectrum Equalizer

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've noticed in a few tutorials and posts on here of people talking about the spectrum equalizer, where you can see the sound as you eq, but is it only in LMMS 1.2.0.? I have 1.1.3., and I don't see the spectrum equalizer, so maybe it's just a version thing? I would love some clarification on this issue.
DJB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:09 pm
I've noticed in a few tutorials and posts on here of people talking about the spectrum equalizer, where you can see the sound as you eq, but is it only in LMMS 1.2.0.? I have 1.1.3., and I don't see the spectrum equalizer, so maybe it's just a version thing? I would love some clarification on this issue.
I think you mean Spectrum Analyzer.
The Spectrum Analyzer is available in lmms 1.1.3. If you want to use it:

1) Go down to the FX Mixer, which is normally located, at the bottom left of the screen. And press on the Add effect button.

2) Type in Spectrum Analyzer.

3) It will appear and you can use it, to see sound levels etc.
I know that the spectrum analyzer is there, what I am referring to is the visual eq where you can see the sound spectrum so you know where to apply eq.
DJB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 pm
the visual eq where you can see the sound spectrum
This is a 1.2 feature, and it is also being worked at.
Do you have good reasons for not upgrading to RC8?
RC8 does not have the new spectrum-anylizer. It does have the parametric-EQ

remember to backup before you reinstall
DJB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 pm
I know that the spectrum analyzer is there, what I am referring to is the visual eq where you can see the sound spectrum so you know where to apply eq.
Oh that. Sorry if I misunderstood. :roll:
Check musikbears post above. :)
I know that my computer is a very slow running computer, and 1.2 is in beta, so I don't want to risk my computer having problems with 1.2. If my computer ran like it should, it would be a non-issue, but it runs fairly slowly, so it is something I have to take into consideration.
DJB wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:01 pm
I know that my computer is a very slow running computer,
I run RC8 on a box from 2007 with 2 GB ram flawlessly and two instances too!
and 1.2 is in beta,
Forget that. RC8 is better and has fewer bugs

Upgrade!
Ok, I just wasn't sure where 1.2 was in the beta testing process. If the bugs are better now, then I'll get the upgrade.

Thanks for the info!