No samples, Downloads, packs

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Dear LMMS Team,

at first I want to thank you for the wonderful idea to create such a comprehensive open source software. As soon as I know how and if I can handle this software I’ll donate something in order to support you. That makes absolutely sense. But at first I need to get this thing running. I have two questions. (I use Windows)

1. If I click the Audio File Processor, and when I want to open the samples, the sample folder opens, but it is empty. Did it forget to install them? How can I get all the standard files, that come with the installation generally?
2. Where do I get more packs, I mean input for every single plug-in? If I go to “Download” on your website, and there on packs, only the message appears: Download Place Holder – Please edit: download/samples/index.php – That was it.

I don’t know what to do there. I am sorry for these questions and may be you will have asked them a lot of times but I can’t find the answers somewhere. Thank you so much for your answer.

Beat regards
Hello!

If your copy of LMMS installed correctly, you should have all the included samples. To find them, look at the left sidebar while in LMMS, where there are 6 buttons:
  1. Instrument plugins: These are all the instruments included with LMMS. They will open with their stock presets, so unless you want to start making your own (which is a good thing to learn eventually) you might want to skip this one for now.
  • My projects: Assuming you save your projects where LMMS suggests you to save them, they will appear in that window. There are also some cool demo songs included.
  • My samples: This is where you'll find the samples included with LMMS. More on this below.
  • My presets: This is where you'll find presets for the included instrument plugins.
  • My home: This will access your User folder on the computer. This is handy if you have your own samples or files you want to use.
  • My computer: This is like button 5 but it allows you to access anywhere on your computer including external storage like flash drives.
Regarding your Sample folder being empty, there is a reason for that! LMMS makes two folders for Samples, Presets, and Projects. This is so LMMS can determine whether or not the files are included with LMMS (factory files) or supplied by the user. When you opened the Samples folder, you opened the one LMMS made in your user folder. LMMS opens this folder because the idea was that users would put their own samples in it. The samples folder with all the included files is located in LMMS's installation folder.

Finally, about the site. We are working on getting resources (for example, there is a team working on providing more sample packs) available for people to download using that page, but as there currently isn't anything to download, the page hasn't been worked on yet :)

Cheers, I hope I was helpful!
Hello,

thank you for your quick and detailed answer. Unfortunately all the folders where the samples should be located in are empty. I will uninstall the entire software and download it new from your website. If there will be just empty folders again I will get in touch with you again. Thanks anyways.

Best regards.