Any abc2midi users here?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
abc2midi is a very handy text to midi conversion utility. What that means is that you can write your song in abc-format with text editor (very easy and fast!), convert it to midi and then import it to LMMS. Then you can apply the same tricks you can with song which is defined in Piano Roll... :D

Very handy. It should also be possible to convert it to music sheet format, but I have not tried that.

There is also a lot of abc files in net, but unfortunately not all of them work with abc2midi...
Eh... I'd rather just write songs directly in LMMS, where I can listen to each part and hear how it sounds while I do it.

Writing music "deaf" isn't really my cup of tea. I'm no Beethoven, I guess...
I agree, if you are developing a part, it needs to be heard. But sometimes I can't fire up LMMS, but I can write text file even with my phone... Also, when I convert sheet music for playing, it is faster with abc than with Piano Roll.

There is additionlal plus: I get midi files. They're very handy for moving melodies to new projects. I wish that Piano Roll could export midi files too.
Hello ..

That's very good work for solo :) .

I think hum-hum-ing <- Human voice is much faster although it's very hard to write from human voice to exact note in piano roll.
from voice to piano roll with tap and pitch ,everything is done :D .
its interesting -weird, but interesting.
Why its weird.. should be obvious..
Why Interesting then..
Because i see a middlelayer fix to lmms export to midi -thats why!
@diiz: - couldet it? ..export tracks to 'abc' and convert...
If the door opens .. you will be told :)
-----
telling..
abc2mid has some restrictions, that makes it useless for converting lmms-xml. Cutting it down to the bone, shuffle, a.o sving will be altered, unless it has very strickt construction.
conclusion
its not interesting -just weird