In-program noises play as warped static-y nightmares

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I just downloaded LMMS 1.2.0 the other day, and all the sounds were working fine!

Then I closed it and opened it today and all the sample noises sound terrifying!! Staticy, distorted, and barely recognizable.
When I play the clap samples it sounds like the noise you'd expect a Star Wars ship to make as it flies by your head :yuck:

I'm running x64 and my Windows PC is right for that. I have my buffer settings in the left-middle area of the slider.

Really not sure what to do.... does anyone have an idea?
lakekid wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 am
So I just downloaded LMMS 1.2.0 the other day, and all the sounds were working fine!

Then I closed it and opened it today and all the sample noises sound terrifying!! Staticy, distorted, and barely recognizable.
That i would think is a windows problem. You had LMMS working fine, and then it got weird. I recommend you to try and reboot your PC, so all buffers are flushed
Let us know the outcome :)

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome lakekid !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:58 pm
lakekid wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 am

That i would think is a windows problem. You had LMMS working fine, and then it got weird. I recommend you to try and reboot your PC, so all buffers are flushed

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome lakekid !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I restarted my PC and uninstalled/reinstalled LMMS. No dice. I don't know what I did to break it lmaoo
Any ideas?? Thank you for the help!!!!
lakekid wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 pm
I don't know what I did to break it lmaoo
Any ideas?
Its difficult.
This:
I closed it and opened it today and all the sample noises sound terrifying!!

Can you remember what you did on your pc after you shut LMMS down?
* installed something
* played a game
* moved or deleted files
???
If that does not ring any bells -then lets focus on LMMS..
Have you tried to just use the 'pre-listen' feature?
Before trying that, i want to know if you have invoked the new "ReOpen-last-project-on-start"
Edit| Settings| General| "ReOpen-last-project-on-start"
(Ignore 'LANGUAGE' -Its the last of the diode-selects)
If you have chosen that, disable it again!
Close LMMS and reopen it. The new settings are now active!

You should now have a new project, with default instruments, and no connections to the previous faults

Pre-listen: You :
*Open side-bar
*open myPresets
*Open folder trippleOSCilator
browse down to this preset:
rest mouse over and left-click
In default setup, you should have your Mixer just like in the picture, and playing the output should result in exactly same green readout ! Does it?
The sound should be crisp clean and an octave of sine-bells

musikbear wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:13 am
Can you remember what you did on your pc after you shut LMMS down?
* installed something
* played a game
* moved or deleted files
???
If that does not ring any bells -then lets focus on LMMS..
Have you tried to just use the 'pre-listen' feature?
Before trying that, i want to know if you have invoked the new "ReOpen-last-project-on-start"
If you have chosen that, disable it again!
Close LMMS and reopen it. The new settings are now active!
So I went through everything you said!
To my memory, I did not do anything strange between closing and reopening LMMS.

I went through my settings and the reopen setting was turned off. I closed and reopened LMMS after looking at my settings and turning the reopen setting on and then off again.

When I use the pre-listen for the BellArp sound, it sounds like this:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=380 ... 3698877022
But the mixer bar stays green for sure.

Thank you so much for helping me!! I really appreciate it :D
lakekid wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:28 pm
When I use the pre-listen for the BellArp sound, it sounds like this:
Yak :| Something is obviously wrong! -It sounds almost as it is through a Frequency-modulation (FM-mod) ?!
But the mixer bar stays green for sure.
Ok.

Have you tried other sound-programs? (Like Audacity or just playing sounds from the net)
Do you own earphones -How does sounds from LMMS sound in those?

If it was all sounds from the pc, it would say it was a setting on your sound-card/ driver issue
But its only LMMS?
musikbear wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am
Have you tried other sound-programs? (Like Audacity or just playing sounds from the net)
Do you own earphones -How does sounds from LMMS sound in those?
If it was all sounds from the pc, it would say it was a setting on your sound-card/ driver issue
But its only LMMS?
Yup. Sounds from youtube on my browser work perfectly fine, and I also have Reaper and the sounds from that are normal as well. It's just LMMS that sounds like that. :/

EDIT: Just opened LMMS to mess around with the settings to see if turning anything off/on would help.

Under audio settings, I had my backend set as Windows DirectSound. I changed it to Windows WASAPI and restarted LMMS..... and a stroke of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems to work just fine now - and the BellArp sound is actually lovely!!!
lakekid wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:27 pm
I had my backend set as Windows DirectSound. I changed it to Windows WASAPI and restarted LMMS..... and a stroke of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats great! Very strange that this has happened :?
If i have understood you correctly from the start, you had done no changes to Settings?
But that irrelevant now :p (Actually the best backend for LMMS in windows is SDL)
But its working now, so i hope you enjoy LMMS now !
musikbear wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:07 pm
Thats great! Very strange that this has happened :?
If i have understood you correctly from the start, you had done no changes to Settings?
But that irrelevant now :p (Actually the best backend for LMMS in windows is SDL)
But its working now, so i hope you enjoy LMMS now !
Yeah I must've messed that up... So sorry haha!! Thank you so much for all your help!!!!!!!!