Manual Pitch Shifting Help

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I am doing a song that requires my Manual Pitch Shifting from my Keyboard, but LMMS never records it

What do I do? I saw a post from 2 years ago about assigning the button to the Automation Editor but I don't know how to do this on my Yamaha E443 keyboard?
Revolver6Shot wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:31 am
my Manual Pitch Shifting from my Keyboard :: on my Yamaha E443 keyboard?
I think you mean your midi-keyboard pitching-wheel
That feature has yet not been implemented, sorry
You can however automate the PITCH on specific instruments
Obs the RANGE selector, you can dramatically widen the span with that, but unfortunately you cant use the pitch-wheel to record automation.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Revolver6Shot !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
So I am able to map various controllers on my M-Audio Oxygen25 keyboard controller to various instrument controls in LMMS - volume, panning, etc. I see that even without connecting the pitch wheel on the Oxygen25 it controls the pitch wheel in any instrument that I've enabled midi on. I can hear it and the pitch wheel moves in the instrument panel. However when recording and moving the pitch wheel even though the pitch audibly changes it does not come through the recording in the piano roll.
Is that the part that is not yet implemented? Auto-detect does not show anything but it seems like I should be able to manually input the channel and controller numbers, no? (I'm new to this so haven't figured out what they are yet)
Thanks!
First off, Welcome to the Forum robbielink !
and also thank you for adding your MIDI-kb to the list!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
robbielink wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:15 pm
Is that the part that is not yet implemented?
Yes unfortunate.