First track

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Newbie here. I just started learning LMMS and I was able to create a short simple track. Appreciate any feedback, especially on how I can make my music better using the application. :)

https://soundcloud.com/introversed/intro
For a first try this is very ok.
Do you play the piano yourself? I'd take a piano sound that goes a bit deeper than the one you use. Also the happy sounding sounds at the end I'd try to give somewhat a less surficial sound.

But hey, who am I, I just posted my first lmms track myself.

Maybe you can give mine some feedback?

Grts, sTnLouis
introversed wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Newbie here. I just started learning LMMS and I was able to create a short simple track. Appreciate any feedback, especially on how I can make my music better using the application. :)

https://soundcloud.com/introversed/intro
This is really good, for a first track in lmms.

Tip: I hear a bit of distortion on some of the sounds. What this track needs, is a bit of volume balancing and a bit of mixing and mastering. Do that, and the tune will sound even better. :D
stnLouis wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 pm
I'd take a piano sound that goes a bit deeper than the one you use. Also the happy sounding sounds at the end I'd try to give somewhat a less surficial sound.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:45 am
Tip: I hear a bit of distortion on some of the sounds. What this track needs, is a bit of volume balancing and a bit of mixing and mastering. Do that, and the tune will sound even better. :D
Thanks guys. Really valuable feedback, exactly what I need. I'm still trying to learn how to mix. Just read that a limiter or compressor might reduce or remove the distortion so I think I'm gonna try that out. Thanks again.
introversed wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:43 pm
Thanks guys. Really valuable feedback, exactly what I need. I'm still trying to learn how to mix. Just read that a limiter or compressor might reduce or remove the distortion so I think I'm gonna try that out. Thanks again.
Yep. Limiters and compressors, do help with that.

And you might also want to check out, equalizers too.
That can make sounds sound fatter.

PS: And good luck learning to mix too.