Hydrogen Import Issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

Yesterday, while working on some music, I ran into a bit of an inconvenince when importing a hydrogen song file into LMMS. The tracks would import correctly, but the drum sample files from Hydrogen wouldn't load in LMMS's audio file processor, meaning that I had to manually go into every instrument in the drumkit and point it to the right path for the file so that it would play.

LMMS did know the file names necessary to upload, though. For example, the bass drum file pointed to /kick_Dry_b.flac, but tried to fetch it from the filesystem root directory and not from /usr/share/hydrogen/data/drumkits/GMkit, where the file actually is.

Is this a bug, or some setting I need to change?

I am using LMMS 1.0.0 on Linux Mint 17 32-bit.

Thanks in advance!
-Amir
It's a common midi problem, with the drum kits, with mine the only drums, I can import are the Timpani, steel drum, wood block, taiko drum, and melodic tom each of them have their own soundfont.. The drum kits will not import as drums.
Sorry Eino, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...
zorbathegrieg wrote:Sorry Eino, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...
I always thought of Hydrogen as a pattern based midi sequencer, and with my experience with drumkits with LMMS it dose not import drumkits as drums. I the only drums I can import is ones with it's own soundfont. Your file GMkit is a General Midi drum kit.
do not have linux, the only thing i (tresf really:) can find, is in the Q/A section:
http://lmms.io/documentation/User_FAQ
-but thats not really a tut.
Does it help?
Eino wrote:
zorbathegrieg wrote:Sorry Eino, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing...
I always thought of Hydrogen as a pattern based midi sequencer, and with my experience with drumkits with LMMS it dose not import drumkits as drums. I the only drums I can import is ones with it's own soundfont. Your file GMkit is a General Midi drum kit.
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough earlier. I'll try to explain better now:

Hydrogen's drumkits are built of audio samples, one sample for each instrument (or more, if you make some custom stuff). When LMMS imports the beats you make on Hydrogen, it loads up the sample files into the beats/bassline window and adjusts the beats accordingly. But now when I import a Hydrogen song file into LMMS, it doesn't point to the right audio files' location, but rather to the root directory.

At any rate, I found a solution that suits me: I saved the audio files of Hydrogen as presets in my home directory, and I'm making the beats directly on LMMS. It's a lot simpler, and I suppose I don't use Hydrogen's more advanced features, so it works fine for me.

However, this seems to me like a bug, so I'll probably report it.

Thanks for the assistance. :)