Dream Sequencer 2

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I want to use Dream Sequencer 2 in LMMS

But the order of the notes being played gets mixed up. Is there a solution to this problem?
Digital Bird wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:09 am
order of the notes being played gets mixed up.
Hmm.. i dont know this specific VST. Since LMMS' piano-roll is a sequencer, It could be argued, that inserting a sequencer inside a sequencer, is a strange thing to do ..
I do not know how the note in piano-roll need to be, but i would expect that you ned to use one continuous note on default A4, in order to trick the VST to play (?)
Is that how you use the plugin?

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Digital Bird!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
musikbear wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Digital Bird wrote:
Hmm.. i dont know this specific VST. Since LMMS' piano-roll is a sequencer, It could be argued, that inserting a sequencer inside a sequencer, is a strange thing to do ..
I do not know how the note in piano-roll need to be, but i would expect that you ned to use one continuous note on default A4, in order to trick the VST to play (?)
Yes - I use one continuous note. And the pitch of the chosen note determines the pitch-level of the loop. Now Dream Sequencer starts OK in LMMS, but after a while the order of the notes gets mixed up. I also tried Dream Sequencer in Carla, and there Dream Sequencer worked OK. But Carla is no DAW...
Digital Bird wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm
musikbear wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Digital Bird wrote:
Yes - I use one continuous note. And the pitch of the chosen note determines the pitch-level of the loop. Now Dream Sequencer starts OK in LMMS, but after a while the order of the notes gets mixed up. I also tried Dream Sequencer in Carla, and there Dream Sequencer worked OK. But Carla is no DAW...
I have had a lot of issues with LMMS and VSTs with internal sequencers, makes it difficult to use any 303 emulators. You might have to settle for recording it in another daw that you can get it to work fine with and then playing back the recording in a sample track or some other measure.
operon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 am
I have had a lot of issues with LMMS and VSTs with internal sequencers, makes it difficult to use any 303 emulators. You might have to settle for recording it in another daw that you can get it to work fine with and then playing back the recording in a sample track or some other measure.
Yes - that might be a solution. Thanks! :)
Digital Bird wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm
Yes - I use one continuous note.
Ok i dl and tested the VST
The sequencer works perfectly for me, and i tested it for 5-point, and it passed also perfectly. It is fine in LMMS!
but
You are not suppose to use one continuous note!
use various notes for your composition and only touch the sequencers dials, when you build a new sequence!
Also understand that the VST runs through 8 notes / 2 bars, and that you inside a given sequence DO have to 'wait' for the next retriger-point, before the pitch changes! Best are notes 2 bar long, eg a whole seq, but on bar works, and it seams like a retrig also takes place at on-beat, so even 2 beat notes, can produce one or two seq-notes.
There is nothing wrong with the way LMMS handles this VST.
If you need a vid, say so
operon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 am
I have had a lot of issues with LMMS and VSTs with internal sequencer
witch one specific?
musikbear wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm
If you need a vid, say so
Do you mean a video tutorial on how to use this particular VST in LMMS? That would be most useful as it's always a lot clearer what one has to do when one sees how someone else does it.

I'm working with Linux Mint and Wine, does that make any difference?
Digital Bird wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Do you mean a video tutorial on how to use this particular VST in LMMS?
yes : https://youtu.be/2e1ZDsI3aFw
I'm working with Linux Mint and Wine, does that make any difference?
it should not, but tell us if it does
Thank you very much! :D

I have already succeeded in making an extended bassline by this rather complicated method:

1. Running Dream Sequencer in Carla
2. Recording this in Qtractor
3. Turning this recording into samples in Audacity
4. Loading these samples in the appropriate LMMS sample map
5. Using these samples in LMMS's Beat+Bassline editor

Of course your approach in the video is much more direct and elegant, so I will now try to do it in the same way as in your video.