Tunefish4 Linux native VST

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
The ReadMe.txt file says to just put it in your ~/vst folder... I'm using LMMS 1.2 AppImage, so I assume it must mean ~/lmms/plugins/vst. So I put the Tunefish4.so file in there like the README says.

The Vestige loader only lets you choose .dll or .exe files. Sigh. So I type in the name - case sensitive because Linux - "Tunefish4.so".

Still nothing. Vestige doesn't even claim anything is loaded.

The web is no help (unless one is running Windows).

Anyone know the deal with getting Tunefish4 to work with LMMS?
Failte200 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:59 pm
getting Tunefish4 to work with LMMS?
If you only have a .so file, you cant. The VSTs-container can only load a dll.
Works that aims at getting level2 plugins useable in LMMS are being done, but you have to wait for this.
However i believe theres a tunefish for windows! You should be able to use that, with wine
Can't wait, until we can use Linux vst :)

Or am I getting this wrong? :)

Would like to try Amsynth in lmms. but can't because it's .so file, so Linux only no windows version.
Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:23 pm
I believe thats being worked on, but suddenly i thought if carla, cant carla host those .so files?
Yes indeed Mr !
I use linux synths with carla, works flawless and it can also handle windows vst if well configured.

I actually use 2 linux synth with it : surge wich is a masterpiece nearby like great zasfx and sorcer for making basses.

I will give amsynth a try and also for bristol who look astonishing synth emulation

http://bristol.sourceforge.net

A bientôt!
musikbear wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Gps wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:23 pm
I believe thats being worked on, but suddenly i thought if carla, cant carla host those .so files?
Yes it should, I had issues getting it working though.

Carla now also has a version you dan download and run ( no compiling ) , but its not yet friends with the appimage version of LMMS.
I have reported this to the devs. :)

Carla also has a windows version, but from what I read it can't do all the Linux Carla version does.

It might be worth a try also on windows, to see if it can run a vst, that does not work right with Vestige. :)

Carla is not easy though, so many setting and menus.

It can also load lv2 plugins, but I have no idea if this also should works on Windows.
For linux users, seeing as CARLA was mentioned, you could run this on your machine,

AVLinux,

http://www.bandshed.net/avlinux/
From a music producing point of view, and you want things just to work, Av Linux and Kx repositories are probably the most two sensible Linux options. :)

It will be easy to have LMMS and Carla working.