Help with LMMS theme CSS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello friends of LMMS.

I have been making my own LMMS theme and i am nearly finished but there is just one problem i cant find a solution to so was hoping someone out there can help me with this as i have tried everything and no joy. I am used to coding in css but there is something i am missing.......

I want to be able to colour/style the tool bar for the song-editor (the bar that the play,record,magnify icons etc are on) and also the same to the B & B editor. I cannot seem to style these bars individually. I have downloaded some themes from lmms share to read the code and see how others do it but i cant find out how.

Any help with this would be very grateful
Entheo
Hi friend!

I can't remember if LMMS even supports this, I have made some themes myself. Can you give me an example of a theme which use different styles for Song Editor and B&B Editor?
Hi Sti-Jay

The themes......Teal 2 and Zero look like what i am after. On Teal 2 the part i am on about is black yet i cannot change mine from the standard grey. Cyberpunked is another one and Zero has a gradient effect added by the looks of it.

I have worked out everything else it is just this that i am stuck on.
Hiya! I did Teal 2. So if I'm understanding you right, you want both bars to be the same?

The two horizontal toolbars are set by .png images in the theme directory. Look for "main_toolbar_bg.png" and "toolbar_bg.png".
The vertical sidebar is styled in the style.css file:

Code: Select all

QToolBar {
	background: qlineargradient(x1:0, y1:0, x2:1, y2:1, stop:0 #454545, stop:1 #282828);
}
Keep in mind that this might all change in 1.1!
Stakeout Punch wrote:Hiya! I did Teal 2. So if I'm understanding you right, you want both bars to be the same?
I am pretty sure he said individually
I still provided an answer: it isn't possible to make the song editor and B&B toolbars different, as they use the same resource. There are three bars that can be styled individually: The Main toolbar, the Secondary toolbar, and the Sidebar.
Sorry Guy's, i havent been on in a while as my last cpu broke and have had to wait a few weeks to build new pc.

Teal 2 was one of the themes i downloaded to try and work out how to do it....nice theme btw!

Ok i will have a little play around with it later and see if i can sort it. Thanks for the advice guy's

Here is screenshot of my theme as it stands......you can see that the parts i am on about stick out like a sore thumb at the mo........
Screenshot entheo lmms.png
Screenshot entheo lmms.png (128.27 KiB) Viewed 9821 times
Stakeout i have tried to change my "main_toolbar_bg.png" to a different colour and still no change......it is like some code in the css is over-riding the png or something. That screenshot i posted has the main_toolbar_bg.png changed to a light blue but as you can see is still grey.......its crazy!!!

But it is no biggy, i can easily live with them grey toolbars :)
Have you tried the toolbar_bg.png? There are two toolbars, the main and the other... LMMS/data/themes/default/toolbar_bg.png
phew! Thanks Sti yeah it was toolbar_bg.png that i needed to change so all good now. I can play about in GIMP tomorrow and get the colour and gradient that i want but i just replaced my png with one from another theme just to see if it works and it does.

I thought i tried to change the toolbar png before but must not of.doh!

Thanks for your help peeps