[Critical] Something disastrous happened when I use LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I got an LMMS from someone else (not latest version) a few days ago. After testing on the plugins I went to find some tutorials and when I was back on using it I found over 150 thousand files, including .exe, .doc, almost all audios and pictures, were added .kuub to the end of their titles. This was irreversible and now these files were no longer able to be opened. I'm totally confused and wondering have there someone else ever got into this trouble. :cry:
Epherica wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 am
I got an LMMS from someone else
WTF do you install software from " someone else " !?!?? :yuck:
over 150 thousand files, including .exe, .doc, almost all audios and pictures, were added .kuub to the end of their titles
Yes. You have been victimized by ransome-ware
I'm totally confused and wondering have there someone else ever got into this trouble. :cry:
This virus is relatively new. That mean that there are no remove software available now!

This is guide for computer literates on how to minimize the damage.
https://geeksadvice.com/remove-kuub-ransomware-virus/
You should NOT use your computer, before you have killed the virus in safe-mode!!!!
You have a serious and malicious infection!!!
You should also get in contact with " someone else ", and inform him about the situation, so he does not spread the virus!!!!
Depending on the virus, you first need to remove, you might be able the rename the files back.

You probably will have to do this one by one though....

Why do you get a free program from somebody else ? :(

You should never do this, not on Windows, not on Linux, not on a Mac.
Always get the program from the official site, and make sure its the official site.

I hope you can fix it, googling on a virus added kuub to my files, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPbotRMpqH8

Be very care with that reg edit part. If you delete the wrong files, windows will stop working right,
Gps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:25 am
Depending on the virus, you first need to remove, you might be able the rename the files back.
NoNono! Any tampeling with the files will destroy them!!!
It is clearly written in the link i added above. He has to a w a i t for a tool for secure removal. The virus alert article is from okt 7. -So this thread is new!
After reading the article I can only agree. :(
Epherica wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 am
I got an LMMS from someone else (not latest version) a few days ago.
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you were able to remove that virus.
Always remember, when downloading lmms, download it from this site and this site only.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 am
Hopefully, you were able to remove that virus.
.... fcol He is N O T supposed to attempt to remove the virus, it will screw everything irreversibly up!
He should not even touch the PC, before a pro-tool for the virus is announced