Pitch Bend For Every Built-In Instrument

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there. It's me, Delta.

I was just wondering if you could add pitch bend to every other pre-built in LMMS instrument (in the piano roll), because it's getting really annoying that I can't pitch bend some instruments I really want/need to pitch bend, and I don't want to convert it into a sample because it'll get out of tune in some ways, and I also really don't want to use the automation track or the "pitch" option on top of most instruments, since it is hard to use for me and it'll probably affect most notes in the piano-roll when I only want it to affect one.

Note that I am just suggesting this as an improved/modified feature for a future update, you can put this aside if it's too challenging to add into LMMS. I'll just try and find an alternate to pitch-bending notes that can't pitch-bend in the piano roll.

Hope to get a response from you guys (This is my very first post and I don't know if you answer almost immediate or if it takes a few days for you to respond.), and keep up with this awesome D.A.W.! :D

-Delta (that's not my actual name please don't assume that's my actual name)
ItsMeDelta wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:12 am
Hi there. It's me, Delta.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum ItsMeDelta !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I was just wondering if you could add pitch bend to every other pre-built in LMMS instrument (in the piano roll),
Sorry, that is not technically possible, with current core.
You can however automate PITCH-dial
witch is part of the default UI for Instruments (except wibed afair). That way you can pitch-bens in all instruments.
More on automation:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Automation
Hi again!

musikbear wrote: Hi, Welcome to the Forum ItsMeDelta !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Thanks! I'll make sure to have some time checking them out.

musikbear wrote: Sorry, that is not technically possible, with current core.
Okay, then. However, can you consider it, because I prefer pitch bend in the piano roll because automation tracks and pitch dial are a lot more complicated (if, for example, you want to get precise) at least for me (yes, I'm that lazy :p). Especially since pitch dial is not included in GIG Player, Kicker, and Vibed (some people still really want pitch dial on some of these).

This is JUST a consideration, NOT something you have to do. Just to let you know ;)

musikbear wrote: More on automation:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... Automation
I'll also make sure to look at that, too.

Thanks for responding! (seriously though I did not know you guys were so quick at responding I was expecting about a week for you to respond)

-Delta
ItsMeDelta wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:24 am
I did not know you guys were so quick at responding I was expecting about a week for you to respond)
We will most often respond on day-to-day on support-issues, or at least we try to.
Music-projects and constructive critique can take longer time
Salutations, again.

musikbear wrote: We will most often respond on day-to-day on support-issues, or at least we try to.
Music-projects and constructive critique can take longer time
Thanks! Will keep that in mind. However, you still haven't answered my question about if you plan to consider pitch bend in the piano roll for most-to-all instruments (I would really like it on VeSTige, Sf2 Player, and ZynAddSubFX) for
a future update and for people who like it easier on there (A.K.A.: Me, for instance.).

Keep in touch! (I know you will.) :)
-Delta
ItsMeDelta wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:41 am
still haven't answered my question about if you plan to consider pitch bend in the piano roll for most-to-all instruments
Oh i did. I said "Not technical possible"
That mean that the current core does not permit it. It cant be done with this core.
In ~10 y maby we rewrite the core, but then all the old stuff wont work any more. It would be a different program.
musikbear wrote: In ~10 y maby we rewrite the core, but then all the old stuff wont work any more. It would be a different program.
What do you mean by "~10 y", and how will all the instruments be different?

-Delta
ItsMeDelta wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:51 pm
What do you mean by "~10 y", and how will all the instruments be different?
about 10 years.
a new core will change most likely everything. How is not possible to predict.
I have no more on pitchbending atm.
musikbear wrote: about 10 years.
10 years that's too long are you sure it'll take that long

-Delta