Autoswell suggestions

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I'm looking for a way to autoswell without having to manually draw out an automation track. For example, I'm working on a project with some soft chords, each is 2 bars long and the whole pattern is 8. I'd like to be able to fade or "swell" those chords from low to full volume over the course of the 2 bars and repeat the effect at the next chord. Is there a way to that easily in LMMS or an effects plugin you can recommend that does this? I'd ideally like something that will sync to the track and allow me to adjust the timing so that I can have it do this every 2 bars, 4 bars, 1/4, etc.

I appreciate any suggestions, or a quick description of how to make LMMS do this natively. Thanks.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 am
how to make LMMS do this natively.
No. Only with automation
musikbear wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
how to make LMMS do this natively.
No. Only with automation
Do you know of a plugin that'll do this?
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 am
Well the way i understand a swell, it is only a question of opening closed filters, over time. That means that any plug-in that has automateable cutoff, will be able to create a swell
Do you need a tutorial?
musikbear wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 am
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 am
Well the way i understand a swell, it is only a question of opening closed filters, over time. That means that any plug-in that has automateable cutoff, will be able to create a swell
Do you need a tutorial?
No, I know what I want the automated volume swell to do, I was just wondering if LMMS had a built-in feature that did this aside automation tracks or if anyone had a plugin effect suggestion that would. I'm finding automation tracks to be a bit too inflexible on another track I did because it doesn't allow me to quickly adjust track volume on the fly as I add other things to the mix, and I don't want to get stuck with the same issue on this new track. Not being able to copy automation tracks to a new project is also becoming an issue since I'm trying a few different things to see what works, and only keeping certain pats of each individual mix.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 pm
I was just wondering if LMMS had a built-in feature that did this aside automation tracks
Non that is more flexible than automation, but in theory -at least, the swell-effect could depend on a LFO-function, but that would be unnecessary convulated , to do it like that. Use automation!
Hello

You may want to use a triangle shaped lfo directly linked to your cutoff knob.
Sahaathyva wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 am
You may want to use a triangle shaped lfo directly linked to your cutoff knob.
Thats the complicated and convulated i mentioned as a bad idea. To make that feasible you would need to synchronize the LFO so it would start at that point in timeline where the swell should be introduced, it is 100% more complicated than using automation, witch is easy and simple. What in automation is creating troubles
Please let me know, because i almost promise that i can direct you on a different path. Automation is so simple. There is nothing complicated at all
Ok

I have to admit that if I wanted to do a such
thing I would use the automation as you said it is quite easy to make with.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Your topic has been moved, to production help.