Can't erase automation artifact.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a piano roll that has a diagonal line left over from a pitch bend on a note. I deleted the note but the line persists. I deleted the whole automation track also. I can't select the line (lasso in select mode) or erase it with right-click or erase mode. I hope someone can give me a hint. Thanks.
Is this the latest stable release lmms-1.2.1 ?
Have you tried to restart lmms?
When something weird happens I usually save as a new version and restart. Once in a while it's a temporary hiccup.
I had been running 1.2.0 from git, but now running 1.2.1-2 from Arch community.

The line is still there. I have no way to reference it. Is there a known correct way to select/delete it? Or should I give up and create a new track and copy all the notes over? I'm just learning LMMS so I'm not sure of every detail of the UI.

I tried Save as New Version but artifact is still there.
jtgd wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:12 am
I had been running 1.2.0 from git, but now running 1.2.1-2 from Arch community.

The line is still there. I have no way to reference it. Is there a known correct way to select/delete it? Or should I give up and create a new track and copy all the notes over? I'm just learning LMMS so I'm not sure of every detail of the UI.

I tried Save as New Version but artifact is still there.
This Artefact, is it logical or is it only a graphical glitch?
Running a git-version or a different version than the official from LMMS.io
https://lmms.io/download#windows
makes it impossible to help you, because no one knows what you have, it could be some experiment, so our ability to explain issues like the one you have here, is very limited.
Bottom line : Uninstall, get off-LMMS for your OS, and reinstall
I would assume logical since it keeps getting redrawn, even after restart or save new version.
Running a git-version or a different version than the official from LMMS.io
https://lmms.io/download#windows
I'm on Linux, not Windows.
makes it impossible to help you, because no one knows what you have, it could be some experiment, so our ability to explain issues like the one you have here, is very limited.
Fair enough. I guess git versions are like daily builds and hard to support. I wasn't sure if this was a general problem in all versions, or a lack of my knowledge as to how to delete these things. For all I know this might be a common occurrence and I just need to learn the trick to dealing with it.
Bottom line : Uninstall, get off-LMMS for your OS, and reinstall
When I installed the 1.2.1 it deleted the old version.

So I will fix this by making another track and copying everything but the artifact and that should work. I'll get back to you if it comes up again with the official version.

Thank you for your help in this matter.
When I cut and pasted the notes into an empty track the automation line came a long with. This eventually led me to discover that that automation line was for a different note, and when I deleted that note the line went away (and I simply restored the note).

The beginning of the automation line was long after the short note. Apparently the automation for a note is not limited to the duration of the note. I'm not sure what purpose that serves. Can you, say, affect the pitch of a note while it is reverbing?

Well, still much to learn about LMMS. I can't complain about it's flexibility. :)
jtgd wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:44 pm
I'm not sure what purpose that serves. Can you, say, affect the pitch of a note while it is reverbing?
The pitch can be changed while the note is in it's release phase.
jtgd wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:47 pm
I would assume logical since it keeps getting redrawn, even after restart or save new version.
No sorry, thats my fault. What i mean is:
Does the erroneous line also change the actual pitch -then its logical -and more serious!
Does the erroneous line only appear as a annoying piece of graphic -then its a graphical, and a mere glitch

I'm on Linux, not Windows.
Ya.. i know, its a really dumb thing, but the page that i linked to, is called #windows, but all the OS 3 versions that currently is available, has own buttons on that page. We should only have called the page "Download", but somehow it got named #windows, but its also where you get the AppImage for Linux. Here is a direct link:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... 4.AppImage
this might be a common occurrence and I just need to learn the trick to dealing with it.
I hope not!

When I installed the 1.2.1 it deleted the old version.
Ok, fine, but get rid of what you have now, and install the AppImage
REMEMBER TO BACKUP FIRST
So I will fix this by making another track and copying everything but the artifact and that should work. I'll get back to you if it comes up again with the official version.
I would actually like to inspect the file, and see if this strange artefact can be found in the code, then i can also remove, and you can get your file back, without the artefact
Upload the project, AS MMP! -and send me the link as PM (just right-click my name in byline and choose Contact musikBear), i will take a look at it.
To Save as MMP:
* Open project
* File | save-as
* chose a name... 'xyzzxy.mmp'
press save
You can upload on any file-host like google drive
I will ofcause respect your rights
Thanks much for your offer of help, but as I said in previous post I was able to clear it.
What i mean is:
Does the erroneous line also change the actual pitch -then its logical -and more serious!
Does the erroneous line only appear as a annoying piece of graphic -then its a graphical, and a mere glitch
I was not able to select it or anything by itself. Clicking on the line did nothing. It did not appear in the automation window (since there is a different one for every little thing you automate).

Actually it was a totally legitimate automation line, but it didn't belong to the note I thought (which I deleted) but to one far to the left. I had selected all the notes and copied to a blank track and the line was still there. Then I started deleting notes one by one and then the line disappeared, so I know it belonged to that note. Then I restored the note.

What I learned from this is that an automation line is not limited to the span of the note, which I had incorrectly assumed. As zonkmachine pointed out, it makes sense that it would not be limited.

Feature request: It would be nice if when I lassoed the automation line, or click it, to select it that the note it belonged to would also become selected. Or maybe allow the line to be selected when clicked or lassoed and bring up the automation window. There didn't seem to be any way for me to know what note it belonged to until I deleted the note.