First Project - First Time for Everything

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,
new user here. Been using LMMS since Nov 2019. So, basically new to this, but impressed with what it can do about voices in my head:) coming out
Please, feel free to tell me whatever you think of this one.
Thanks a bunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24znAbUPj0

same on SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/dj-ultrabuba/fir ... everything
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 am
Hi,
new user here. Been using LMMS since Nov 2019. So, basically new to this, but impressed with what it can do about voices in my head:) coming out
Thanks a bunch

same on SoundCloud
Lovely melodious tune!

Though you had to use a cellphone, for recording a voice sample, I have to admit it still came out nice. I will admit, some of the sounds in this track, might need to be a bit thicker. But overall, this is a really good track. Nice work.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:22 am

Lovely melodious tune!

Though you had to use a cellphone, for recording a voice sample, I have to admit it still came out nice. I will admit, some of the sounds in this track, might need to be a bit thicker. But overall, this is a really good track. Nice work.
Hi, Brandy,
Thank you for taking the time . Started all this DAW/LMMS thing two months ago, and yes, I'll have to work on sound quality. Re voice sample, I had a cold, so I beefed up the voice a bit with Whistle from ZynAddSubFX menu. Kinda did the trick. Though I must admit, for now I'm stumbling into most of these nice to use things, lol.
Glad you liked it!
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:02 pm
Hi, Brandy,
Thank you for taking the time . Started all this DAW/LMMS thing two months ago, and yes, I'll have to work on sound quality. Re voice sample, I had a cold, so I beefed up the voice a bit with Whistle from ZynAddSubFX menu. Kinda did the trick. Though I must admit, for now I'm stumbling into most of these nice to use things, lol.
Glad you liked it!
It seems that that cold, couldn't stop your enthusiasm, for making this nice tune. :lol:

DJ UltraBuba wrote:
so I beefed up the voice a bit with Whistle from ZynAddSubFX menu. Kinda did the trick.
Wooah! Cool trick. We learn something new everyday. :lol:

DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Though I must admit, for now I'm stumbling into most of these nice to use things, lol.
Cool.
It takes a while to learn and understand, alot of the features and plugins and stuff. But it'll get easier as time passes by.

DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Glad you liked it!
No probs. It's a really, really nice tune.
Thanks for all the nice words, Brandy.
I would also like to send many thank yous to the creator or creators of this marvelous free software for enabling me to embark on this exciting journey. I am enjoying every moment of creating new tunes and transferring and sprucing up the old ones that up to now were only in my head. Or in a couple of chords on my guitar.
DJ UltraBuba wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 am
Hi,
Thanks a bunch

same on SoundCloud
Great sound for a start ! Sounds like you're already experienced. The ear and sense of rhythm are there apparently (;

I love the sound. Just, for me (to my liking), it lacks a little bit of percussion and regular rhythm throughout the sound.
It's very varied anyway, that's for sure. Maybe try another version of the same sound, shorter, with the same basic elements, more concentrated, to keep a more intense rhythm, you know ?

It's up to you to play, and above all, have fun ! That's the most important thing.
Thanks for sharing. PEACE ! (: <3
tong reggae
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:27 pm
Great sound for a start ! Sounds like you're already experienced. The ear and sense of rhythm are there apparently (;

I love the sound. Just, for me (to my liking), it lacks a little bit of percussion and regular rhythm throughout the sound.
It's very varied anyway, that's for sure. Maybe try another version of the same sound, shorter, with the same basic elements, more concentrated, to keep a more intense rhythm, you know ?

It's up to you to play, and above all, have fun ! That's the most important thing.
Thanks for sharing. PEACE ! (: <3
Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.
Basically, everything you are saying makes sense. Btw, I'm working on the improved version of this one, so I am really going to pay attention to everything said here.

My percussion is lacking, bcs I know practically nothing about drums, still learning. I jumped into this LMMS thing with just some knowledge of most basic music theory and with some basic guitar playing for my house parties, that's all. But this is a wonderful thing, lets you learn a ton of stuff in a relatively short time. I am totally sold.

Yes, it seems I have a variety in one track. Probably bcs I somehow dread excessive repetition. On the other hand, among tracks posted by others on soundcloud, I liked some that were quite repetitive. Still grappling with it.

Also have some six pieces in my LMMS and still figuring out what to do with them.
Anyway, thanks again
Great ! (:

No, it's not a problem (for me) that it's varied. On the contrary ! Personally, I love this kind of varied sounds.
It's just for advice, if you want it to talk to more people.

And then, if you decide to make several versions of the same sound (with the same base), it would allow you to vary, while keeping the basic sound. For example, make a more rhythmic version (with more percussion, drums...), a softer version (without percussion maybe? like at the beginning of your current sound), etc...

For your other sounds :
- What do you want to do with them already?

That's the essential question (;
Listen to your heart !

And if you ever want to share them with more people one day, I'll see what I can do to share them on my little youtube channel (under development). We'll get in touch then if you feel like it. PEACE !
chaussures reggae
ALVDCN04 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 pm
Great ! (:

No, it's not a problem (for me) that it's varied. On the contrary ! Personally, I love this kind of varied sounds.
It's just for advice, if you want it to talk to more people.

And then, if you decide to make several versions of the same sound (with the same base), it would allow you to vary, while keeping the basic sound. For example, make a more rhythmic version (with more percussion, drums...), a softer version (without percussion maybe? like at the beginning of your current sound), etc...

For your other sounds :
- What do you want to do with them already?

That's the essential question (;
Listen to your heart !

And if you ever want to share them with more people one day, I'll see what I can do to share them on my little youtube channel (under development). We'll get in touch then if you feel like it. PEACE !
Hi,
Several versions is good advice. I am actually doing it in a way. Even this one is originally a song, lyrics and all. But I am still waiting for my first microphone to arrive, lol. All six pieces my music are originally songs, some in English some in Croatian, my native language. For some there are both English and Croatian versions. But I understand you are talking about instrumental versions and different percussion and other variations, and I agree.

I wish you success with your youtube channel - btw. what is it going to be about -- and of course, we can get in touch. Feel free to contact me, I will be here.
Thank you very much for your time and advice
Hi (:
OKay, wonderful !

I'm going to follow you more closely then, it speaks to me a lot, the song side, etc. Where's the best place to follow you ?
I'm already following you on soundcloud or youtube it seems (1 of the 2, I don't remember exactly).

Thanks a lot. It's on a very good way, everything's fine (;
The youtube channel is about music, of course ^^
Hip-hop music (rap, beat, etc...) and reggae (roots, dancehall, rub a dub...) mainly (the channel is dedicated above all to hip-hop and reggae enthusiasts). And a particularity with the 432 hertz frequency (that's mostly why your sound spoke to me right away, because there's a soothing, calm and quite natural "432" side to it...). Soon, there will be the radio with the same name as the youtube channel (A la vibe de chez nous (the name), normally for 2020. So we'll be able to share your sounds if you want.

We'll keep in touch, yes. With joy (:

Take care and see you soon.
PEACE ! (: <3
rap reggae