Trying to make house, but feels like I am failing

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
108 posts
Cool.
Gps wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Sounds good, I am not sure I still have the project. lol

Will have to take a look on old pc.
Hey Gps. I have been working on some cool house tracks for a while now. It's going good so far. But I have to admit, that I always knew you were right. It can be really hard making house music, or other types of music sometimes. Especially when trying to make a synth sound, but failing to make it sound, like how it sounds in your head. So annoying and so tiring sometimes. :P :/

"Flings keyboard 200 feet into the air."

Good thing I have alot of patience. Wrd. :P
It might be more fun to just make music, and not care about the genre. :P
Gps wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:47 pm
It might be more fun to just make music, and not care about the genre. :P
Yeah. Good advice. I have been saying that same thing, for a long time. :)
I had a look at my old pc, and it seems I had copied all files over.

I am not 100% sure what has happened, but at least found a version of the house track I was working on, which might not be the latest version, but its close enough.

More good news for me from github. A person reporting the same problem a me. And he might have a solution too.

Turn off vst embed in the settings. This should help the devs, to find the issue.

I however still want to try to use the debug tools, if only for future problems.
Gps wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:25 pm
I had a look at my old pc, and it seems I had copied all files over.

I am not 100% sure what has happened, but at least found a version of the house track I was working on, which might not be the latest version, but its close enough.

More good news for me from github. A person reporting the same problem a me. And he might have a solution too.

Turn off vst embed in the settings. This should help the devs, to find the issue.

I however still want to try to use the debug tools, if only for future problems.
Cool! Glad to hear you found a version of your house track too.
And speaking of house track, check this out. Listen to how simple and epic this 90's house track, from a Japanese video game sounds. Them Japanese got skills! 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7zPrwCC8fs
That is definitely house :D

I think it could do with a tiny bit less often the beats sample or more breaks. :P

But I kinda like it. :)
Gps wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:00 am
That is definitely house :D

I think it could do with a tiny bit less often the beats sample or more breaks. :P

But I kinda like it. :)
Yeah, despite the repetitive beats vocal sample, the tune is nice. :D
I was playing around with lmms' kick samples the other day, and I noticed something interesting. That kick hard sample, sounds really good in house tracks.

Concerning your house music tracks, I think you should test out the kick hard sample, and put an lmms equalizer on it and turn the dials. Because when I did that, it sounded really boomyish and full.

I will admit, that kick sample really sounds good, in my wip house music tracks. I wish it was a bit more boomyish, but boy does it sound really good. :D
Have you tried a limiter ? on the kick.

One thing I have noticed from watching vids, how often they use all kinds of plugins on the kick to make it more boomyish more fat.

There is a house tutorial, the guy spends allot of time on the kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VotQgzP6Uxg

kick with reverb tail.

he uses an E.Q. too.

Edit:
After looking at my track.

I am using 3 kicks, layered as they call it.
Also using side chain compression for the kick to be more present.

Still need to finish it.
108 posts