techno_synth_01 help

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Just starting out here, getting to know the sounds in My Samples, specifically 'basses/techno_synth_01

The duration of the note seems fixed within the Piano Roll editor. I can't make the notes longer.

Do I need to look for a different sample, or can I edit it in the General Settings.

Thanks.
Jere246 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:58 pm
Just starting out here,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Jere246 !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
in 'basses/techno_synth_01 The duration of the note seems fixed within the Piano Roll editor. I can't make the notes longer.
Kind of true. You cant make a sample play for longer than the sample actually is in the recording, unless you loop the sample or part of the sample, that is also possible to do natively, in AudioFileProcessor AFP.
You can learn about these features here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKE_TvklKq0&t=1s
Do I need to look for a different sample, or can I edit it in the General Settings.
If you cant make the looped sample sound like you want, then thats is your option
Thanks. Which of the default instruments in LMMS would be best to use to create a similar techno synth sound?
Jere246 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:44 pm
Thanks. Which of the default instruments in LMMS would be best to use to create a similar techno synth sound?
first it is not so much the synth, it is the chord that creates the sound.
The sample is of 'Detroit-chords' witch is 7' added to triads, and then often doubled, for harmonic depth
Any saw playing Detroit-chords would do
i believe the sample plays a f-maj : f a c -and then you add an e as 7. and you have : f a c e
Try the 3oc preset Rough and play those 4 notes as a chord, then you have that sound

old example of 7. https://soundcloud.com/musikbear/7thchords
Ah it's a chord that makes this a great sound. Thanks.
Jere246 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:35 pm
Ah it's a chord that makes this a great sound. Thanks.
Yeah. Many times when you hear cool sounding melodies, it's not a single note playing it, it's most likely a group of notes aka chords, playing the entire melody. Chords are really fascinating.