Importing MusicXML files.

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I love the way that LMMS can import MIDI files. It has been a real time saver for me. It seems that MusicXML is becoming a popular format and is showing up in a number of Music Software platforms.

This is becoming sufficiently so that it might be worthwhile for the LMMS team to take a look at setting up importing for files of the MusicXML format in addition to importing midi.

There do exist workarounds. My current preferred workaround is to import these files into MuseScore and export to Midi from there. Being able to skip that step would be nice.
First off, Welcome to the Forum georgetasker !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
georgetasker wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:43 am
I love the way that LMMS can import MIDI files.
We are in the work to improve this feature
It seems that MusicXML is becoming a popular format and is showing up in a number of Music Software platforms.
Interesting! Atm we are working on implementing saving blocks of our own XML format, as files, so you could have collections of percussion, or arpeggios amo.
workarounds. My current preferred workaround is to import these files into MuseScore and export to Midi from there.

That is odd.
We have Problems importing musescore exported MIDI, so that could backfire. It would actually be interesting to know your musescore MIDI-export settings. I would appreciate if you could make a screenshot of that export screen :)