No latency with pulseaudio! lmms 1.1

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I have been using pulseaudio today because ALSA is playing up with my vst's at the moment and i am getting no noticeable latency and i have pushed it hard to test it. I do not know if anyone else has noticed this with 1.1?

I do have a low latency kernel with my Xubuntu 14.04 OS so maybe that is helping out here but when i tried the same thing with low latency kernel on previous versions i had fairly bad latency. I use on board mobo soundcard so nothing special on that side of things to go any way to explain it. I have a new APU aswell but not sure if that would explain this difference either. I never thought i would be happy using pulseaudio with a DAW!
If you turned off ALSA or it isn't running in the background that may be the difference from before and now.
Thanks for input Sti-Jay, i never thought pulseaudio would even be an option for me with lmms. It is just as well as ALSA has been doing my head in badly recently. When it works, it works great but when it doesnt it is one big pain in the a**! I can get it running fine up until i load a vst and then there is a horrible glitchy noise. It also happens randomly without vst's with everything fine one minute and then glitchy the next. I found a fix for this on previous version of lmms but the same fixes do not work now. As long as pulse is doing its job then all is coolio!
I have found that you need to choose between pulseaudio, and ALSA. I have always had issues running both.
Myself with my configurations, and kernel, ALSA dose a superior job.
But it's a matter, of kernels and configurations of what works the best for your system. .
Eino wrote:I have found that you need to choose between pulseaudio, and ALSA.
Exactly, that is what I hinted to. They interfere when they both run at the same time, so one of them you have to shut down.