covid19 ..ya

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
79 posts
Thank you, have to say I got nervous when he said I needed an open mind.

I watch allot of science programs ( about our universe) and they never start like that. :P
Gps wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:57 pm
Thank you, have to say I got nervous when he said I needed an open mind.

I watch allot of science programs ( about our universe) and they never start like that. :P
Always be aware when anyone uses statements like:
THIS is how dit-and-dat works
ao
Finally we KNOW

Those are typical headlines in popular-science-magazines, but those wordings points much more in direction of 'popular' than in direction of science :p
I am surprised at how people are sometimes careless about their own safety. I see a lot of people without even masks on public transport and that scares me seriously! :o

Covid-19 is quite thoroughly studied so here are the most important tips:
1) keep self-isolation (the most effective tip imo)
2) wash hands as often as possible
3) cough into your elbow
4) don't touch your face
5) wear masks
6) clean your house/flat daily.
Here is a great article about how to prevent coronavirus https://virtoproperty.com/info/how-to-p ... oronavirus. Strongly recommend to get it to know.
Zappacosta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm
I am surprised at how people are sometimes careless about their own safety. I see a lot of people without even masks on public transport and that scares me seriously! :o

3) cough into your elbow
4) don't touch your face
5) wear masks
Agree, except
people are sometimes careless about their own safety. I see a lot of people without even masks on public transport
Wearing a cloth/paper-mask has nothing to do with OWN safety. It is to protect everybody ELSE around YOU, in case YOU are infected.
Been reading allot.

PCR test is not suited to detect complete viruses.

Which brings me back to how do they know people died of covid 19.

If I get it right they look for and might find some RNA but that does not tell anything about if they are contagious or ill.

Musik bear knows more about this then me though.

But to answer Zappacosta question on why.

There are allot of people like me, that are pretty sure the governments are using covid 19 to roll out the new world order.
That's also why there are protest against the 1.5 meter society.
Gps wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am
Which brings me back to how do they know people died of covid 19.
That is one of the very debated questions.
This is my take on it.
After treating a patient for a serious condition, there are often a 'talk'. In that 'talk' we inform the patient about what he has been through, what have been dome and most important: What are the expectations after this treatment.
Here the life-quality-expectations are the most important, because that is what is most important to the patient!
This may be things like

Patient ask:
"Doctor .. will i be able to play the piano now....?"
Yearee... I dont think there should be any reason for you to not be able to play piano after this treatment.
Patient: Thats brilliant! I have never been able to play piano.......

and then again it may not be..
No- The most important question is about life-expectation Eg how many years do a patient have after this scare, and what should be done in respect to life-style to reach that expectation ..or more

If we say that a patient has at least 10 good years, even though his condition is chronic, then that person is in the risk-category in respect to many other deceases -whereas Covid-19 is one.

And here is the important part
In case this patient now dies several years before his expected 'time', then I have NO doubt that this IS a covid-19 death, even though his condition was severe and chronic!
So NO he did not die because he 'once' had liver-failure, because he would still be alive!
Yes he IS a covid-19 victim, because covid-19 was the factual reason for him NOT reaching his life-expectation
That is vigorously -well almost aggressively disputed. Trump for one has next to demanded, that anyone with any kind of previous medical condition, that now dies due to Covid-19, does NOT registrar as a covid-19 deceased, but as one deceased from the precious condition, witch would make the covid-19 crisis, and his denials of the same, seam to be less severe.
You know what? That makes me mad!
So Gps, the issue is not so much that deceased are being booked as 'death from covid-19' as them being booked for NOT!
So indeed..
'Technical clever' manipulations of statistical materials are being done, but it is not in order to make the covid-19 situation look worse, it is in order to make it look less severe.
Thank you, I am starting to understand the, there are no covid 19 test, arguments.
Also the part about why the test should not but used, but I can see there is no alternative yet.

Your last sentence says it all though. I am making progress in that area, by wondering if I see a vid, what is the persons agenda is.

For me the problem starts with our politicians, lying again , all though at this point I might understand more about covid and the test then they do, so it could be ignorance.

lets say this, you are making sense, my ministers are not ( as usual :P )
I am learning new stuff and that is always good.
Zappacosta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:29 pm

3) cough into your elbow
4) don't touch your face
5) wear masks
don't you see that these tips are just daily normal procedures?
AnneSmith60 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:22 pm
don't you see that these tips are just daily normal procedures?
Except the mask thing you are absolutely correct!
to be honest, sometimes I can't believe that there is this virus
79 posts