Crash upon save after editing VST plugin

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a particular project file that I'm working on that seems to crash LMMS when I hit the "save" button, but only after I've made a change in one of my VST plugins. It doesn't even ask if I want to recover the file when I open LMMS again. I played around with it a little, reproduced the problem a few times. As long as I don't make any changes to the plugin it saves just fine. I've done the same thing with other projects and it hasn't happened, just this one particular project file.

I'm using LMMS version 1.2.0 and the VST plugin in question is the ReaEQ (Reaplugs Edition). I did a test, clicking "save" after each individual action, and what seems to trigger the crash is the act of adding an EQ band in the plugin. As I said, I've done this with other project files and it didn't crash upon saving. Any ideas?
Foggy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:46 am
I'm using LMMS version 1.2.0 and the VST plugin in question is the ReaEQ (Reaplugs Edition). I did a test, clicking "save" after each individual action, and what seems to trigger the crash is the act of adding an EQ band in the plugin. As I said, I've done this with other project files and it didn't crash upon saving.
firstly Upgrade to 1.2.2 -it has some bugfixes. It propl. wont matter for your strange issue, though -But upgrade!
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... w_versions

But..
ReaEQ issues ?!?
It never has before afaik..
So odd..

Have you tried same setup with the EQ in an empty project?
Only one track, the instrument and the EQ
Nothing else
Then invoke the crash event : add an eq-band
Save
If that fails we have a crash bug (and i will need the file)
musikbear wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm
firstly Upgrade to 1.2.2 -it has some bugfixes. It propl. wont matter for your strange issue, though -But upgrade!
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... w_versions

But..
ReaEQ issues ?!?
It never has before afaik..
So odd..

Have you tried same setup with the EQ in an empty project?
Only one track, the instrument and the EQ
Nothing else
Then invoke the crash event : add an eq-band
Save
If that fails we have a crash bug (and i will need the file)
Upgraded! Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know a new version was out. I tried it again after upgrading just to see, and while it did hesitate before crashing it still crashed. Ah well. Anyway.

I have tried the same EQ setup with an empty project, and it worked fine (In the problem file I've actually got the EQ on the master track).

Also, I tried to save my EQ setup as a preset so I could reload the VST and see if that made a difference, but that didn't seem to work either for some reason- the save dialogue would come up, but when I tried to open the preset up later there was nothing there. Not sure if that would be related or not.

I can send you the file... I just don't remember how.
[quote=Foggy post_id=72039 time=1598703169 user_id=2626
I have tried the same EQ setup with an empty project, and it worked fine [/quote]
AaaHaa -Then its not the reaEQ -at least not alone
(In the problem file I've actually got the EQ on the master track).
Do replicate that as well
In bughunting it is important to recreate the exact setup, but only those parts, that are suspicious (skeleton-example)
save dialogue would come up, but when I tried to open the preset up later there was nothing there. Not sure if that would be related or not.
Nah propl not related, sounds more like a reaEQ glitch
I can send you the file... I just don't remember how.
Just upload on a fileserver and send me the link as PM
Foggy wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:46 am
Crash when adding an EQ band in the plugin.
As I said, I've done this with other project files and it didn't crash upon saving. Any ideas?
I cant say why this happens. It does for me to
However i solved it:
As you can see i added several new bands and then saved the project.
This is what i did:
* Open the project
* Delete reaEQ (well first you had to write settings down, but i already have those values :p
* Insert a new reaEQ
In the 4 bands insert these values:
1 404 -2 2
2 394 3 2'
3 1013 9 2
4 3472 2 2
Band 5 is deafult:
5 700 0 2
Then i can save your project, and add as many new bands i like
As i said -Why this has happened, i do not know.

(I cant see the project data in the mmpz, and converting would not mean anything)

Anywitch fingers crossed it wont happen again....