How to get Wizoo's Virtual Guitarist to work on LMMS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I been struggling to get a VST called Virtual Guitarist to work on LMMS. It recognizes the vst, it recognizes the presets, but when you click on a preset, nothing loads!

I'm starting to go insane so before that happens, is there anyone smarter than me who can figure this conundrum out?
First off, Welcome to the Forum SpooderBoi !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
SpooderBoi wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:46 am

I been struggling to get a VST called Virtual Guitarist to work on LMMS. It recognizes the vst, it recognizes the presets, but when you click on a preset, nothing loads!

I'm starting to go insane so before that happens, is there anyone smarter than me who can figure this conundrum out?
It is not all VSTs that does work in lmms. Some are not made as standard, and they cant load, but you have loaded the vst, so maybe it is the presets, that are missing, or not found.
Normally you ned to have the presets for a vst, in the same folder as the vst. Do you have that?
If the vst in question is freeware, not HUGE, and can be found on a trustworthy site, i will investigate.
From where did you get it?
Thanks.

I got the vst from Steinberg. Well actually from buddies who had a copy of it to spare. I tested it on FL Studios and it works fine, and loads the presets. So its not the files that are the issue. It doesn't help that it's discontinued.
SpooderBoi wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:02 pm
on FL Studios it works fine, and loads the presets.
If its an image-line plugin, it wont work in lmms.
But i can understand that its not something i can test. You can try to use the setting 'disable embedding' in Settings, or vis-a-vi, if you already has disabled embedding..
If that is unsuccessful I think you need to find a different plugin.
musikbear wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:14 pm
You can try to use the setting 'disable embedding' in Settings, or vis-a-vi, if you already has disabled embedding..
If that is unsuccessful I think you need to find a different plugin.
What's vis-a-vi?

Also, disabling embedding fixed another issue I had (Plugin window not showing the whole plugin.) so thanks. But I still can't use Vitrual Guitarist.
SpooderBoi wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:10 am
What's vis-a-vi?
My bad - its a latin expression for " or if it is the other way around " Kind or XOR if you know programming :)
Also, disabling embedding fixed another issue I had (Plugin window not showing the whole plugin.) so thanks.
Good!

But I still can't use Vitrual Guitarist.
Not so good, but my advice after you have tried to fix the issue, would be to forget it, and find a different plugin, then after our next update, perhaps retry it, and see if the issue is fixed
Yeah I already found another plugin for Electric Guitars and forced myself to learn how to play one so that's a major plus. Thanks anyways